Derby@QPR, Saturday 15.00 hrs.

Rev

Once again great performances from Roos, Clarke, Bielik, Shinnie among others ?

We've played better this season and lost. It all evens itself out over 46 games and we'll end up where we deserve to be.

7 clean sheets in 10 is insane in the Championship. A bit more creativity and a natural goalscorer added to this team and we should keep climbing away from the drop zone. Onwards to Brizzle next week! COYR ?

PS. Oh, and thankyou Charlie Austin for not wanting to come here... you showed nothing!

• Replies 724
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, Chris_Martin said:

But Knight not that good as a winger. 

Agree, the position does not suit him, but I don’t see us having a clear option instead of him, Sibley mayhaps.

But Waghorn has been one of our worst investments imo. And other teams seem to agree cause there is no interest for him. 
Another thing that annoys me is when we sub Kaz for Wag, people like Ingram and Stretton lose valuable chances to prove their worth.

Anyhow, Happy birthday Wags!

3 minutes ago, Spanish said:

What about the ‘handball’.  It came off his chest then to hand is what I saw?  Rules say 

@Owen87ITKBarker kept going on about it, but I think he jumped with his arms as 'levers' and as his outer arm was dropping the ball hit him. Not deliberate nor was his arm in an 'un-natural' position.

7 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

7 clean sheets in our last 10 games, 3 goals conceded. Also, 4 clean sheets in 5 away games under Rooney

Sort our attacking play out & we will start to climb the league

At the final whistle as Derby confirm their championship survival, the camera cuts to a smiling Wayne Rooney, who then....peels of the lifelike rubber face mask to reveal.........

It's been Gary Rowett all along!

25 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

One goal gap actually

19 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

Well rams tv said we gone above them.

BBC showing 25 games played.  25 points each.  Both on -9 GD.  Showing Gumps on 20 scored, 29 conceded.  Showing us at 16 scored, 26 conceded.

20 minutes ago, Posh Ram said:

From WhoScored:

Whittaker: 479 minutes, 1 goal, 1 assist

Jozwiak: 1548 minutes, 1 goal, 3 assists

You're right that they should both be doing better. Probably could have phrased my comment about Jozwiak better. I know a few Derby fans who see Jozwiak through rose-tinted glasses and wouldn't give Whittaker the time of day and it did seem like a valid comparison.

In fairness, those stats only tell half the story. Teams don't feel the need to double up on Whittaker the way they often do with Jozwiak, after all.

11 minutes ago, GenBr said:

I was still correct, so not sure what this comment is for? Did you misread what i said? 

We were utter dross in attack for the entire match and my comment still stands - no idea why you were so confident that we'd have a shot on target when we have had numerous games this season with very little attacking threat. We had one chance all match and i am glad you are happy with that, but it isnt good enough. They have once again shown nothing to back your original statement.

It may not have been the most incisive of performances but it was a perfect away win in some regards. A chance came, we took it and then defended really well to ensure the points. If that was a Warnock team we'd be saying a job well done. 

4 minutes ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

In fairness, those stats only tell half the story. Teams don't feel the need to double up on Whittaker the way they often do with Jozwiak, after all.

It may not have been the most incisive of performances but it was a perfect away win in some regards. A chance came, we took it and then defended really well to ensure the points. If that was a Warnock team we'd be saying a job well done. 

Points mean prizes.

11 minutes ago, Premier ram said:

Great result lads , not impressed at all with QPR , excellent performance from Nathan Byrne , gets better every game and well done Kelle , 2 stunning saves today , hopefully Wayne can get 2 or 3 in this week to help us out

Apparently he's on the phone to Stephen Pearce about wages as soon as he's done interviews. Should have been paid yesterday but weren't (probably waiting on Holmes to go) Reiterates he still needs players but wages must be paid to allow, so needs sorting next few days.

Cracking result. Was important not to lose today but to win is a real bonus. Couldnt give a monkeys whether we deserved it.. suck it up QPR.

Will admit to not being impressed with the unchanged line up although it worked well initially as QPR didnt press. Played some good stuff with Byrne particularly impressive...Kazim obviously should have scored but lot of quality wide delivery without someone attacking it. Thereafter QPR overloaded the centre & our effectiveness was neutered.

Credit to Rooney for bringing Bird on early, a very effective substitution who brought a lot of control & energy and also for changing the formation. Waghorn & McDonald subs also well timed. Quality rearguard action from the back line & midfield with QPR not threatening last 5 mins. Also 2 magnificent saves from Roos, one in each half. 

5 clear of the bottom three...lets finish off a good few days by making it 3 in a row v Bristol & telling BZG to do one. COYR

Archived