Derby@QPR, Saturday 15.00 hrs.

Rev

• Replies 724
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, England Ram said:

We are so poor at throwins it’s ridiculous. 

You are so right.

For at least a decade only our fullbacks took throw-ins, which really slowed the game down as whoever was nearest the ball just waited for the fullback to collect it and take the throw. So I've always applauded when a player actually had some gumption and took a quick throw, maintaining momentum and keeping the opposition off balance. But it only tends to happen once a season or so.

Then we've had a brief flirtation with Dwayne Holmes's "long" throw (which never actually seemed very long, mine was much better) but at least it was something different and reminds us all when Jim Smith refused to let Rory Delap use his long throw at Derby. Presuming the Huddersfield transfer goes through that will end and it will be fullbacks only.

There are basic principles for throw-ins and one is if you're in a defensive position you go up the line to gain ground. We rarely do that. Criminally, more often thank not we look backwards with throw-ins allowing our opponents (who have been briefed on this in the week) to charge the recipient to win the ball and set up an instant attack.

Meanwhile, what a save from Roos. Puts the midweek one miles in the shade. From a QPR overhead kick!

I hate it when Kazim goes off, now I am terrified! Even if he can't run he just has the presence up front that somehow gets us through to 90 minutes!

I think every time Kazim has gone off late, we have issues and concede..no offence to Waggy but he is just a different kind of player!

1 minute ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Mackie-Forest nobber.

before you edited I thought you had randomly decided to call me a forest nobber ?

Just now, DerbyRam! said:

I hate it when Kazim goes off, now I am terrified! Even if he can't run he just has the presence up front that somehow gets us through to 90 minutes!

I think every time Kazim has gone off late, we have issues and concede..no offence to Waggy but he is just a different kind of player!

Wags is bound to score now

Archived