Derby@QPR, Saturday 15.00 hrs.

Rev

• Replies 724
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 hours ago, DCFC27 said:

I can see your point of view he does seem to offer a lot without actually delivering, whether that’s him or the quality of players around him I’m not sure. He’s finally a proper winger who actually wants to play on the wing we’ve had far too many out their that want to play done the middle. For me if his final delivery or shooting needs to improver, other wise I love his work rate and his willingness to go past a man. 
I think with a little more quality around him in the final third he will come good. 

Agree that it’s good to actually have a natural wide-man out there, not a fan of shoehorning players like Sibley and Knight out there, though we don’t have much choice at times. Don’t take this as me saying I don’t rate Jozwiak, I just think we need more of a goal threat, and he needs to improve his final ball. I’m with you in that I think he’s got real potential (not forgetting he’s still only young), and I’m sure he’ll improve over time when surrounded by better players. The key now is to find a way to bring those better players in!

19 hours ago, IslandExile said:

Personally, I prefer 4-3-3 myself, however, that said, I think 3-4-3 suits the players that we have available.

In terms of creating chances, Byrne and Buchanan are two very good attacking wingbacks with the energy to get back and defend.

Anyway, my reaction to your original post is because, IMHO, the answer to not creating or scoring enough is NOT to leave out the most skillful, attacking, creative player.

(BTW I feel we are now creating chances, just not taking them)

Agree the 3-4-3 suits the fullbacks (or wingbacks), but I’m not sure it suits other players as well. Bielik was excellent last night, but this system relies on him playing almost box to box, which I’m not sure is his best role. I’d much prefer we just stick with the 4-3-3, it’s more balanced and there’s less threat of it becoming too negative.

I agree with your second point in principle, but the issue is I don’t think Jozwiak is that attacking or creative haha. Not yet, anyway.

Looking forward to this one.

Assuming that Patrick Bamford hasn’t stumped up the petrol money and a fee for the coach driver,

therefore I’m expecting the players to car share and drive to London under their own steam.
Alternatively they might have to thumb a lift.

the pre-match meal will be from a local food bank.

This sudden austerity is forging a great team spirit.

bring it on.

1 hour ago, Millenniumram said:

Agree that it’s good to actually have a natural wide-man out there, not a fan of shoehorning players like Sibley and Knight out there, though we don’t have much choice at times. Don’t take this as me saying I don’t rate Jozwiak, I just think we need more of a goal threat, and he needs to improve his final ball. I’m with you in that I think he’s got real potential (not forgetting he’s still only young), and I’m sure he’ll improve over time when surrounded by better players. The key now is to find a way to bring those better players in!

Absolutely all this team is missing at the moment is goals, if we had an Ince/Vydra/Martin etc we’d be a lot higher up the league. Someone that sniffs out goals. I’m not suggesting any of them but you get the picture. At the moment we have the spine the work rate etc were just lacking a finisher. 

7 minutes ago, DCFC27 said:

Absolutely all this team is missing at the moment is goals, if we had an Ince/Vydra/Martin etc we’d be a lot higher up the league. Someone that sniffs out goals. I’m not suggesting any of them but you get the picture. At the moment we have the spine the work rate etc were just lacking a finisher. 

Yeah we definitely need a goal scoring striker of that ilk to put chances away. At the moment we’ve got no one who we can really rely on to get decent numbers of goals, someone who gets in the right place at the right time. With our side at the moment, you don’t know where the goals will come from. We need creativity as well though or it’s no good. At the moment we’ve got a lot of endeavour, but no consistent end product.

22 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

Nope, not 100% sold on him yet. Has obvious talent, but a bit wasteful at times with his decision making.

Brum and Florist lost tonight so if we could beat QPR then three more teams become catchable. Very big game this one. Play like we did against Bournemouth and it is a big statement. QPR on form so very tricky.

53 minutes ago, angieram said:

Is this our breakthrough game of the season where we build on from a win? I think it will be. 

Probably not, no.

It doesn't seem to work like that for us ?

Who wants straightforward, smooth, all positive anyway? That would be, err, like, loads of fun and reduced stress. Who needs it?

On the basis of QPR writing to other clubs in the championship to ask for a reduction in their FFP fine ( covid) should we be asking for a reduction in our embargo - not have one - reduction in FFP allowance ( covid) - I am sure we will get a lovely response just like QPR say they have received 

7 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

Probably not, no.

It doesn't seem to work like that for us ?

Who wants straightforward, smooth, all positive anyway? That would be, err, like, loads of fun and reduced stress. Who needs it?

Actually maybe the bit of luck we needed was Belick not being sent off vs Rotherham as he probably should have been and being missing for 3 games 

17 hours ago, RamNut said:

Looking forward to this one.

Assuming that Patrick Bamford hasn’t stumped up the petrol money and a fee for the coach driver,

therefore I’m expecting the players to car share and drive to London under their own steam.
Alternatively they might have to thumb a lift.

the pre-match meal will be from a local food bank.

This sudden austerity is forging a great team spirit.

bring it on.

You forgot the ones who haven’t received their entitlements from the ‘Big Issue’

On 19/01/2021 at 23:57, IslandExile said:

Personally, I prefer 4-3-3 myself, however, that said, I think 3-4-3 suits the players that we have available.

In terms of creating chances, Byrne and Buchanan are two very good attacking wingbacks with the energy to get back and defend.

Anyway, my reaction to your original post is because, IMHO, the answer to not creating or scoring enough is NOT to leave out the most skillful, attacking, creative player.

(BTW I feel we are now creating chances, just not taking them)

Hard to believe that Buchanan hasn’t scored yet and he looks like he will score plenty in his career ( whilst Malone has scored 3 this season - sell him now ) 

6 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Hard to believe that Buchanan hasn’t scored yet and he looks like he will score plenty in his career ( whilst Malone has scored 3 this season - sell him now ) 

I'd add Clarke to that as well, how many headers has he won off our corners that have been cleared or gone wide? It's a few.

Buchannan gets in the right places to take shots, so he'll get some.

7 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

How many has he let in? They've let in one less goal than us.

6 hours ago, Sparkle said:

Actually maybe the bit of luck we needed was Belick not being sent off vs Rotherham as he probably should have been and being missing for 3 games 

Agreed, that was poor refereeing, but it should have been 2 yellow cards and only a one match ban.  It still would have meant that he wouldn't have been there on Tuesday night.

Archived