Mel Morris - The Good, The Bad and The Boycie

Mostyn6

Dear Mel, I hope this post finds you in good spirits. 

I may have taken you for granted and neglected to show you gratitude and appreciation for your endeavour and dedicated commitment to my club, my second heartbeat, my beloved rollercoaster, Derby County Football Club. 

In recents weeks, I’ve been facing the real, very real, and very cruel prospect of losing you and you leaving with an undeservedly negative legacy. 

I have made no secret recently that I’d rather you stay, and secretly hoped this deal would collapse, and by current media reports, it has done so. 

I attended Breakfast at Moor Farm, I was the bloke who said you shouldn’t have gone into the dressing room, your response, misjudging me, was that I expected you to spend all your money, but keep your mouth shut. You were wrong then and would still be wrong. 

Many here can testify that my belief has ALWAYS been better plans, better coaching, better decisions, and never spend spend spend. I want players hitting 7/10 performances, not £7million signings. 

So, let’s put all this talk of selling up behind us eh? Find your mojo, and re-engage that next level superbrain of yours and stick to what you was doing. 

Most reasonable fans accept that we (you) can’t keep throwing money at the club, and accept that if there’s a period of cutting our cloth accordingly, then so be it, but with someone we know and trust doing it, and in position to enjoy the success when it comes! 

in summary, please don’t go. 

There are posters here that will point to their perceived errors they believe you have made, I personally think you’ve made good decisions for a few seasons now, that were great at the time. I will always think sacking McClaren twice ruined feelgood factor but I believe you know this. 

Right, so what I want you to do is help fix this wages malarkey, help our Wayne fix our league position, then take your place at the head of the table and lead us to stability and success. DONT QUIT!

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

I may have taken you for granted and neglected to show you gratitude and appreciation for your endeavour and dedicated commitment to my club, my second heartbeat, my beloved rollercoaster, Derby County Football Club. 

In recents weeks, I’ve been facing the real, very real, and very cruel prospect of losing you and you leaving with an undeservedly negative legacy. 

I have made no secret recently that I’d rather you stay, and secretly hoped this deal would collapse, and by current media reports, it has done so. 

I attended Breakfast at Moor Farm, I was the bloke who said you shouldn’t have gone into the dressing room, your response, misjudging me, was that I expected you to spend all your money, but keep your mouth shut. You were wrong then and would still be wrong. 

Many here can testify that my belief has ALWAYS been better plans, better coaching, better decisions, and never spend spend spend. I want players hitting 7/10 performances, not £7million signings. 

So, let’s put all this talk of selling up behind us eh? Find your mojo, and re-engage that next level superbrain of yours and stick to what you was doing. 

Most reasonable fans accept that we (you) can’t keep throwing money at the club, and accept that if there’s a period of cutting our cloth accordingly, then so be it, but with someone we know and trust doing it, and in position to enjoy the success when it comes! 

There are posters here that will point to their perceived errors they believe you have made, I personally think you’ve made good decisions for a few seasons now, that were great at the time. I will always think sacking McClaren twice ruined feelgood factor but I believe you know this. 

Right, so what I want you to do is help fix this wages malarkey, help our Wayne fix our league position, then take your place at the head of the table and lead us to stability and success. DONT QUIT!

And get chrissy back while you're at it.

6 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

Are you the leader of the “ He’s one of our own “ club ?.

I respectfully suggest this is one of the most ludicrous posts I’ve ever read.

Good decisions ?, I genuinely feel he’s made us a club that’s lacking in class. Fights with the EFL, getting others backs up, stadium saga ( clearly a massively bad decision ), it’s all brought us to this juncture and I see no happy ending as it stands.

If this was another club I’d be saying it’s all of their own making.

Maybe Mel needs to concentrate on giving all of us loyal fans our season ticket money back as a priority. 

So my message to Mel would be, sell up quick, include the stadium in the sale and leave us alone, don’t even want you as a consultant, far better persons around qualified to do that. 

Blimey.

I’m surprised Mel didn’t install ‘The Ram Line’ to communicate exclusively with you, so you could guide him on the big decisions.

Perhaps he could get a big light with outline of your head on it so he can shine it into the sky when the next crisis hits. 

3 minutes ago, Orphanram said:

Blimey.

I’m surprised Mel didn’t install ‘The Ram Line’ to communicate exclusively with you, so you could guide him on the big decisions.

Perhaps he could get a big light with outline of your head on it so he can shine it into the sky when the next crisis hits. 

Bully. You don’t slate B4 for talking directly to the players! ?

I’ve been a critic, but I’d rather Mel stayed than sell on to BZI. Better still I’d like someone to come in who actually knows what they’re doing. But these BZI lot seem genuinely dangerous to the future of the club, the way they’re going about their business. 

Mel staying on clearly isn’t an option because he doesn’t want to fund the club anymore. But please Mel, find a genuine buyer and fast. This mess can’t go on.

40 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

Please tell me that this is an attempt at sarcasm? By the love of god and all things holy, please tell me it is.

1 minute ago, Mostyn6 said:

So, should Mel stay?

In an ideal world, Mel should continue to cover losses and allow modest trade until a suitable buyer is found.

However, how much of that is realistic.

The current situation is like watching a car crash in slow motion.   

40 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

Talks about lacking class when motivation for criticism is money ? 

Are you mental?.

Lacking class because I want a multi millionaire who me and thousands of others have relentlessly supported by ploughing our hard earned cash into the club to simply return it is lacking class.

What is lacking class is your sad attempt to hang onto a meeting over breakfast with a smart comment about going into the changing rooms, think he probably didn’t give two hoots about you or what you thought.

2 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

So, should Mel stay?

Selling to BZI would be bad. They clearly have no money

Mel had good intentions, splurged a load of cash, made some bad decisions, still came close but ultimately failed and we're far, far worse off than when he took over (not helped by, but not due to, covid).

He doesn't want to throw any more money at club and that's fair enough.  His cash. I do think he should pass us on to a decent investor as a going concern but that means either funding us in the interim, or getting the club in more debt (which reduces price he can sell club for I assume). Pearce has said that there's no risk of administration. I really hope that assurance is one that is correct

1 minute ago, Shaftesbury st said:

Are you mental?.

Lacking class because I want a multi millionaire who me and thousands of others have relentlessly supported by ploughing our hard earned cash into the club to simply return it is lacking class.

What is lacking class is your sad attempt to hang onto a meeting over breakfast with a smart comment about going into the changing rooms, think he probably didn’t give two hoots about you or what you thought.

You think your season ticket money has gone into Mel’s pocket? 

Archived