Underwhelming Rams

YouRams

4 hours ago, GermanRam said:

Yeah Reich is a good shout.

Sure,  he had 2 terrible years in Bundesliga before he joined Derby and had a decent season in League Championship while beeing here - still, he was touted to be the next big thing in Germany, together with Ballack and Deisler back then. So Reich couldn‘t meet the expectations at all... they were much higher tbh.

He is still active as an player-coach in the German Landesliga (7th tier) btw:

Marco Reich

I really enjoyed watching Reich in his time with us. He was brilliant in his first season and really helped dig us out of the relegation scrap we'd put ourselves in. He was a proper old fashioned winger that got a kick out of interacting with the crowd. I get that maybe he'd seem underwhelming if you bought into the ex German international, Bundesliga winner hype, but he was a good player for us. He made a decent contribution to our play off finish in his 2nd season too.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh God, the amount of rubbish we've had playing for us over the years! In my time, the main ones that stick out were from the seasons after PL relegation (02-06) where we weren't really challenging for anything (with the exception of a 'freak' season under George Burley) plus a few others.

Tommy Mooney - I still ask myself why?
Nick Chadwick - See above... came to us with a decent reputation from Everton's youth team, yet turned out to not be able to shoot straight!
Candido Costa - The next Luis Figo? Maybe if Figo had played with a broken leg!
Blessing Kaku - The clue's in the name!
Stern John - Despite having decent spells at other clubs, he sticks out in my memory as being one of the worst strikers ever to pull on a Derby shirt. I thought the same about Danny Graham in the same season.
Claude Davis - What? This guy's actually supposed to be a defender?!
Brad Jones - Worst. Goalkeeper. Ever. Made Kelle Roos look like Peter Schmeichel.

I'm sure there's more!

11 minutes ago, Black ('n' White) Sheep said:

Oh God, the amount of rubbish we've had playing for us over the years! In my time, the main ones that stick out were from the seasons after PL relegation (02-06) where we weren't really challenging for anything (with the exception of a 'freak' season under George Burley) plus a few others.

Tommy Mooney - I still ask myself why?
Nick Chadwick - See above... came to us with a decent reputation from Everton's youth team, yet turned out to not be able to shoot straight!
Candido Costa - The next Luis Figo? Maybe if Figo had played with a broken leg!
Blessing Kaku - The clue's in the name!
Stern John - Despite having decent spells at other clubs, he sticks out in my memory as being one of the worst strikers ever to pull on a Derby shirt. I thought the same about Danny Graham in the same season.
Claude Davis - What? This guy's actually supposed to be a defender?!
Brad Jones - Worst. Goalkeeper. Ever. Made Kelle Roos look like Peter Schmeichel.

I'm sure there's more!

Oh I forgot all about Danny Graham, yes, he was immensly disappionting for us.....went on to play in the prem!

41 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Did he? James being compared to Hinton might be why James took so much stick, he was a pale shadow of Hinton. I don't remember Hinton taking much stick, bar the 'hot 'em with yer handbag Gladys' stuff. McGovern copped most of the crowds ire I thought.

Definitely from my lofty heights in B Stand he did. The constant complaint was him not getting forward enough.

He was clearly better than James, but Leighton was a good footballer who was never used properly at Derby and his confidence evaporated. 

6 minutes ago, Bob The Badger said:

Definitely from my lofty heights in B Stand he did. The constant complaint was him not getting forward enough.

He was clearly better than James, but Leighton was a good footballer who was never used properly at Derby and his confidence evaporated. 

Well, not where I was in the Popside. We'll agree to differ, James was a let down and certainly could never be compared to Hinton in a good light.

Lot's of names already mentioned, but one obvious is missing. Malone.

Like many others, I don't think he was a bad player. Not at all, but he certainly wasn't the same player who was ridiculously good for Fulham when they got promoted.

Archived