Underwhelming Rams

YouRams

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

And he did start out like that when he arrived. Goodness knows what changed *cough* Cocu *cough*

Lockdown. Rooney always needed a run of games to be at his best. At his age, I believe he simply lost whatever he had left due to the long break. Age and letting himself go.

Earnshaw has been mentioned, I was so excited when we got him and he was utter garbage. There were various rumours floating around about his personal life which may explain his shocking year at Derby. Rooney has to be up there for disappointment given all the expectation. Butterfield looked good for the first few games and became worse and worse. 

If we're talking academy graduates Nyatanga, Addison and Ball  all arguably failed to live up to expectations. I am sure there are plenty of others I just can't think of right now too. 

21 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

What difference does it make? You implied that Butterfield was better than we saw, or did I misunderstand?

The thread is titled Underwhelming Rams.

The fact I selected Jacob as my choice should be clue enough.

When we signed him, I was pleased as I thought he'd be an improvement. He turned out to be underwhelming, as per the title. I implied nothing other than that.

17 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Or he, like other squad members got 'confused' by the 'complicated play' that Cocu was trying to instigate. Fed up with the slow, 50 passes sideways before it goes forward, style of play. Why shouldn't he have been as effected as other squad members!

Doesn’t excuse the basic errors he was making. Don’t think anyone gave possession away in dangerous areas as much as Rooney.

1 hour ago, GermanRam said:

I didn‘t even know he played for Derby. Obviously I only read about him beeing a Charlton (goalscoring, I think) legend - why didn‘t it work for him in Derby?

Just remember reading a lot about him in the context of the Bowyer on field fight back then

Don't ask, just don't ask!image.png.2879bd247f677bb4ef78d3f8b088c0c1.png

1 hour ago, Derbados said:

Also, Junior came from Walsall off the back of a prolific season and looked unplayable most weeks he was that good. 

Came to Derby and played like an absolute donkey 

He got done by injury, was important in keeping us up in Burley's first season then did his knee and never recovered from it.

Anya.

Not so much the sitting out the contract, which I think I'd what most people take from it.

I thought when we signed him he'd be that  energetic likable utility wide man who covered lots and helped the team a lot and end up being "not a star, but just what we needed" type of signing.

Oh how wrong was I? Very.

Another one would be Marko Reich. Wasn't exactly bad, but clearly could've pulled his finger out and been a bit better that he was.

56 minutes ago, BondJovi said:

Lockdown. Rooney always needed a run of games to be at his best. At his age, I believe he simply lost whatever he had left due to the long break. Age and letting himself go.

I also think commuting two hours a day hasn't exactly helped his fitness either at his age. 

1 hour ago, Leeds Ram said:

Earnshaw has been mentioned, I was so excited when we got him and he was utter garbage. There were various rumours floating around about his personal life which may explain his shocking year at Derby. Rooney has to be up there for disappointment given all the expectation. Butterfield looked good for the first few games and became worse and worse. 

If we're talking academy graduates Nyatanga, Addison and Ball  all arguably failed to live up to expectations. I am sure there are plenty of others I just can't think of right now too. 

Always felt sorry for Addison . Got motm away at Newcastle on his first game back from having a broken foot and spent the last 20 minutes in agony hobbling round.  Thats right- a stress fracture on the original break .  He was used as a point scoring exercise that evening to highlight the lack of playing options and missed another six months . Never the same player.

2 hours ago, IslandExile said:

Derek Hales, Gordon Hill, John Robertson, Don Masson, Mikkel Beck, ......

We could be here all night....

The 500 or so Rams Fans that made the trip to the Dell on a Monday night wont agree with Mikkel Beck - came out singing his name after he scored the equaliser from a Vas Borbokis cross in the 93rd minute... 

One Mikkel Beck, there only one....... Amazing what you remember isn't it haha!

Chris Porter- looked an absolute beast on his debut v Swansea.  Then transpired he was made of glass.

Lars Bohinen and Kinkladze - got both passed there best.

Stern John- thought he would be ok. Total dross

Mick Harford when Goddard left - seriously underwhelmed

Lee Morris- the supposed wonderkid who did nothing here.  Slight forgiveness after he mullered Forest in the playoffs

Lots of others I thought would be carp and were.

Archived