What does ignore do

FindernRam

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There plenty of people on this forum who I would love to put on the ignore list but I believe in free speech so would never use it.

If you believe in democracy you should listen to other peoples point of view even if you disagree with them. Martin Schulz.

2 hours ago, FindernRam said:

But when the same pov is expounded over and over and over it drives you nuts

It drives me nuts when people use this forum on a regular basis as an excuse to vent their spleen about the government when politics is not allowed.

On 19/01/2021 at 16:20, David said:

Feel like the question has been answered, but I will expand on the quotes as it’s something I get asked a fair bit.

It’s impossible to filter out quotes with how the software is designed. Quoting pretty much copy and paste, the username link triggering a notification to the person that’s been quoting.

I have no way of preventing quoted posts from showing to those that are on your ignore list.

Maybe in the future it will be improved, I know it’s been requested on the developers forum a few times and I’m hoping it features somewhere on their internal roadmap. 

If I wasn’t in the position I am, I would use the ignore feature if it worked better. No I’m not mentioning names, but it’s a fact of life you are not going to get on with everyone you come across. 

Football is an emotional game, I suspect many clash over our opinions on the game when we would get on great over a pint and away from the football, just how it is.

Actually taking a new approach to the forum this year myself, thats taking more time out, not living by every notification. This is the current state now

4E923B3A-C5B7-4464-80AD-52FE510E171A.jpeg

Given what is going on in the world, the restrictions we are all under, I really think it would benefit others as well to just have a day off now and again, helps a ton and mentally I feel a lot better for it. 

In a world where every website is click baiting trying to drive traffic up and ad revenue, this all might sound a little bizarre but I believe it’s one step in long term enjoyment of a platform.

The amount of account closure requests this year is higher than ever already, take some time out. Go for a walk. Punch a tree. ?

I’m on his ignore list, watch him not deny it.

The ignore function is unusable.

I've only ever had one person on, and it still lets you know they've posted and gives you the option to view.

I couldn't help myself clicking, just to see what the twit had posted.

46 minutes ago, Steve How Hard? said:

Hope my posts didn't disappoint you. ?

Nah, your posts are always welcome.

He's not on here any longer, so I can say it was McLoving, or whatever his name was before. 

Even then, it was for 5 minutes, before curiosity got the better of me, and he grew on me in time.

4 minutes ago, Rev said:

Nah, your posts are always welcome.

He's not on here any longer, so I can say it was McLoving, or whatever his name was before. 

Even then, it was for 5 minutes, before curiosity got the better of me, and he grew on me in time.

Cheers. That name is a blast from the past. I can't say that his posts particularly grated on me. I wonder what happened to him? Are you sure he isn't under a new alias? 

I've never really come close to putting anyone on ignore. I'm too much of a nosey fooker. Toddy was probably the poster that most grated on me but to be fair to him he was a good Wum and reeled me in a few times. 

4 minutes ago, Steve How Hard? said:

Cheers. That name is a blast from the past. I can't say that his posts particularly grated on me. I wonder what happened to him? Are you sure he isn't under a new alias? 

I've never really come close to putting anyone on ignore. I'm too much of a nosey fooker. Toddy was probably the poster that most grated on me but to be fair to him he was a good Wum and reeled me in a few times. 

His mate was worse, the one who killed Martin every time he played.

Ninos it was I've just remembered, I gave him full barrels one night in full expectation of a ban, and it would have been worth it, yet the thread quickly disappeared!

21 minutes ago, Rev said:

His mate was worse, the one who killed Martin every time he played.

Ninos it was I've just remembered, I gave him full barrels one night in full expectation of a ban, and it would have been worth it, yet the thread quickly disappeared!

He was a Wum too but I found him more likeable because he did at least try and justify his hatred with reasoned arguments. Toddy  just never really justified his stance which makes it hard to have a reasonable debate. 

Archived