What does ignore do

FindernRam

A basic question: There are some threads I'm interested in but they are sometimes clogged up with idiotic (i.e. I don't agree with their position) comments, often endlessly repeated. If I put the individual on ignore do I still see the rest of the threads , just not that person?

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, FindernRam said:

A basic question: There are some threads I'm interested in but they are sometimes clogged up with idiotic (i.e. I don't agree with their position) comments, often endlessly repeated. If I put the individual on ignore do I still see the rest of the threads , just not that person?

You do but you will still see that persons' reply to someone else who's not on your ignore list.

I said I'd never put anyone on the list - they're all entitled to an opinion even though if it's different to mine they're so blatantly wrong. However some numpty posting from the States is my only one, though there's a couple of arrogant, conceited candidates currently in the frame.

Thanks for that. Just sometimes one or two get into a right back and forth and you have to scroll through pages to find a nugget of gold so to speak.

I'm not against people having different views or stating them, but to go on and on, sometimes without a shred of evidence makes me wonder about how they get like that.

1 hour ago, FindernRam said:

I only ever put one person on ignore, but lifted that now. But yes you see if anyone quotes them, you also get a notification if they post...

1 hour ago, Wolfie20 said:

You do but you will still see that persons' reply to someone else who's not on your ignore list.

I said I'd never put anyone on the list - they're all entitled to an opinion even though if it's different to mine they're so blatantly wrong. However some numpty posting from the States is my only one, though there's a couple of arrogant, conceited candidates currently in the frame.

No prizes for guessing who that is ? 

1 hour ago, FindernRam said:

Thanks for that. Just sometimes one or two get into a right back and forth and you have to scroll through pages to find a nugget of gold so to speak.

I'm not against people having different views or stating them, but to go on and on, sometimes without a shred of evidence makes me wonder about how they get like that.

Soz mate. I'll try to be better  ? 

7 hours ago, FindernRam said:

If it's the COVID thread then you will be left with around one page ?

7 hours ago, Wolfie20 said:

I’m live in Bramcote ?

4 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

Thought I was the numpty from the States, in fact thought it was odds on ???

I reckon most of the posters on the COVID thread will be top of the list for numbers of the ignore list and yup I include me on this.

I do find it the most interesting though just for the varied opinions.

1 minute ago, BIllyD said:

I reckon most of the posters on the COVID thread will be top of the list for numbers of the ignore list and yup I include me on this.

I do find it the most interesting though just for the entrenched opinions.

FTFY

Feel like the question has been answered, but I will expand on the quotes as it’s something I get asked a fair bit.

It’s impossible to filter out quotes with how the software is designed. Quoting pretty much copy and paste, the username link triggering a notification to the person that’s been quoting.

I have no way of preventing quoted posts from showing to those that are on your ignore list.

Maybe in the future it will be improved, I know it’s been requested on the developers forum a few times and I’m hoping it features somewhere on their internal roadmap. 

If I wasn’t in the position I am, I would use the ignore feature if it worked better. No I’m not mentioning names, but it’s a fact of life you are not going to get on with everyone you come across. 

Football is an emotional game, I suspect many clash over our opinions on the game when we would get on great over a pint and away from the football, just how it is.

Actually taking a new approach to the forum this year myself, thats taking more time out, not living by every notification. This is the current state now

4E923B3A-C5B7-4464-80AD-52FE510E171A.jpeg

Given what is going on in the world, the restrictions we are all under, I really think it would benefit others as well to just have a day off now and again, helps a ton and mentally I feel a lot better for it. 

In a world where every website is click baiting trying to drive traffic up and ad revenue, this all might sound a little bizarre but I believe it’s one step in long term enjoyment of a platform.

The amount of account closure requests this year is higher than ever already, take some time out. Go for a walk. Punch a tree. ?

Archived