Fikayo Tomori

Heisenberg

8 minutes ago, angieram said:

It's a really important goal as well, because Serie A uses head-to-head goal difference as first tie break ahead of goal difference across all games. That goal takes the advantage away from Juventus and gives it to Milan, so if they finish on the same points, Milan finishes ahead of them. Could be vital for the Champions League spots come season's end.

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, angieram said:

Yeah it was disappointing not to see him in the 33, especially given all accounts he's had a very good season.

Like a lot of Derby fans I have a soft spot for Tomori and would have liked to have seen him not only make the squad but maybe even the bench - good experience for future tournaments.

Its not that surprising really, despite my bias towards Fik. The only argument you can pitch him vs is the inclusion of Ben White who will probably miss out anyway with; Maguire, Stones, Coady and Mings (Walker cover) probably going to get the nod. 

Tomori has had a great couple of months but probably doesn't better the past two seasons White has had - starting every game for Leeds' promotion campaign and, probably more important, being a solid feature of Brightons back 3 this year in the Premier League. 

I hope Tomori gets a move and continues to succeed though, if he does he'll be in the frame. 

3 hours ago, Mr Tibbs said:

Its not that surprising really, despite my bias towards Fik. The only argument you can pitch him vs is the inclusion of Ben White who will probably miss out anyway with; Maguire, Stones, Coady and Mings (Walker cover) probably going to get the nod. 

Tomori has had a great couple of months but probably doesn't better the past two seasons White has had - starting every game for Leeds' promotion campaign and, probably more important, being a solid feature of Brightons back 3 this year in the Premier League. 

I hope Tomori gets a move and continues to succeed though, if he does he'll be in the frame. 

I'd agree with you if Jesse Lingard wasn't chosen over James Maddison 

1 hour ago, rynny said:

I'd agree with you if Jesse Lingard wasn't chosen over James Maddison 

This one has a few more circumstances I feel.

Southgate going public, saying he doesn't want any off-field distractions, pretty much finished any hopes of Maddison making it. He's been an idiot and despite Jesse not being a favourite of mine, he's scored 9 PL goals in a third of a season. Thats a crazy amount for a midfielder at that level. He's bang in form and full of confidence at least. 

21 hours ago, Mr Tibbs said:

Tomori - 22 games for Chelsea last season. A key player as he played 22 games for AC Milan in the second half of this season, finishing 2nd.
White - Full season in the Championship followed by a full season in the PL finishing 16th

Would White be a regular in the AC Milan side? The answer to that tells you exactly who should be in the squad.

Stones and Maguire are undoubtedly first choice. So you need a backup right sided player, and backup left sided player. 
Considering White is the right sided option, it was between Mings and Tomori

2 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Tomori - 22 games for Chelsea last season. A key player as he played 22 games for AC Milan in the second half of this season, finishing 2nd.
White - Full season in the Championship followed by a full season in the PL finishing 16th

Would White be a regular in the AC Milan side? The answer to that tells you exactly who should be in the squad.

Stones and Maguire are undoubtedly first choice. So you need a backup right sided player, and backup left sided player. 
Considering White is the right sided option, it was between Mings and Tomori

Do we know he wouldn't make the Milan side given the opportunity? I think its easy to write him off by just comparing the two final club positions. There's a reason United, Arsenal and Dortmund are linked with him - he's had a great year. Two great years tbh. 

Tomori has had a great 6 months. He could have done without dipping last year and finding himself out the side. 

Either way, neither will be going to the Euro's this summer. They will be setting their sights on Qatar and the next campaign for sure though.

Surprised Sancho got in ahead of Lingard. I don’t see the former as a goal threat at international level.

You would have to say Sterling is lucky to get in on current form. Willock would be champing at the bit the way he ended the season.