Reasons why we are where we are .

NottsRammy

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply
26 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

You can't disagree that the protagonists were dealt with differently (I know double negative)? When in fact the person who caused the least serious offence was treated in the severest manner? 

I don't agree that you can blanketedly treat everyone the same in such complex scenarios, and that all circumstances should be considered.

If you don't consider the actions of the club fair that's up to you, I'm not going to change your mind nor you mine.

24 minutes ago, Angry Ram said:

Who signs those decisions off? The CFO = Pearce and of course the owner. Rush gets the blame here but all 3 are complicit..

Rush would have done nothing without the others knowing and if he did, how did Morris let that happen? 

So Rush makes a bad shout, runs it past Pearce and Morris. They agree and it’s all the fault of Rush?

The blame game ain’t that easy. Morris wanted control, he set himself up for, he was happy to take the plaudits when they came. His watch, his fault.

That was my point, the four players I quoted were post Rush. It was to highlight that our spending spree continued beyond Rush. My own view, is that Rush was given a name of targets and told to go and get them, he did and then a blame game followed for some reason.

This is just an assumption and no way based on meeting Rush a few times, he never mentioned any of the above as I'm sure he would have been bound by a NDA.....

4 hours ago, sage said:

I would say since the QPR Play Off Final, it's been recruitment, recruitment, recruitment. 

It's inevitable that some signings won't work out, but buying players that don't fit your style of play is unforgiveable. Appointing managers that will want a style of play that means starting all over again recruitment wise is also unforgiveable.

Everything else is candy floss. 

Since the 13/14 season these are the only permanent transfers I'd say were successful

Bielik, Vydra, Carson, Davies, Ince and Christie. That's six successful transfers in over six years.

In the one transfer window before the 13/14 season we signed Martin, Forsyth, Russell, Eustace and Grant

35 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Yes absolutely the least serious offence was dealt with in the most serious manner. You're right to be cynical. 

Agree, shameful treatment of RK. MM saw a way of reducing the wage bill.  Chickens coming home to roost now. Karma.

5 minutes ago, DCFClks said:

Since the 13/14 season these are the only permanent transfers I'd say were successful

Bielik, Vydra, Carson, Davies, Ince and Christie. That's six successful transfers in over six years.

In the one transfer window before the 13/14 season we signed Martin, Forsyth, Russell, Eustace and Grant

Frankly I would question 3 of those. Financially ok, but disruptive to team play. 

2 hours ago, Nuwtfly said:

1) COVID hits a club already walking a very thin financial tight rope.

2) We (yet again) fall down at the most crucial hurdle when it comes to player recruitment. An adequate goal scorer is not brought in to replace Chris Martin, rendering Cocu’s system hamstrung. Add on to this MTW, who certainly isn’t the heir apparent to Keogh, or even Wisdom ?‍♂️

3) Injuries are rife, again a result of COVID, as the players don’t get to rest. We start the season missing many of our most crucial players, including Krystian Bielik. We can see now how vital he is to this team. How much did Cocu get to use him? We start the season with a limited attacking line, to say the least.

4) The players who ARE fit to play are way, way off it. Rooney looks like he’s packed it in. We play some shocking football, largely as a result of 1, 2 and 3, including the worst performance I have seen for many years (against Blackburn).

5) Takeover talk begins. The future now seems uncertain behind the scenes. Unrest grows around the camp like weeds.

6) After a prolonged period of poor result, Phillip Cocu is sacked. Even his most staunch supporters see this as the right decision. The opportunity for a fresh start arrives...what happens next is where we seal our fate...

7) The club opts to give the job to four coaches...yes, four...none of which have managed a team. It’s an embarrassing audition period that backfires, as everyone could see coming. The warning signs are there. One of the coaches continues to play himself, until an ACTUAL manager arrives at the club and highlights what all of us could already see: that this situation is ridiculous.

-8) The club continue to give the management responsibility to 50% of the team who got us here in the first place. The club captain is given the No.1 role. We manage ONE great performance against Swansea, and manage to beat a Millwall side and a Birmingham side who put in performances that are almost as bad as ours. The rest of the games include failing to beat most of the teams we really need to be beating.

9) Takeover doubts have now festered into rot. Players aren’t getting paid. No players can be bought due to an embargo. The mild hop of the Rooney ‘bounce’ goes. He gets given the job full time, much to the joy of 95% of the fan base. The managerial team who got us here and now a permanent fixture. We lose to Rotherham, who have two games in hand ahead of us. 

If we don’t go down now, I would be surprised. We are in free fall and have put a team in charge with no managerial experience between them. Combine that with what is going on behind the scenes, and it’s a recipe for disaster. A Sunderland tribute act. And what chance we had to turn this around was squandered by the people in charge. 

Great summary.

Just to add to point 6. The Bournemouth result was a good performance, a last ditch goal line clearance from a win. The two games that followed were poor and flat. But the amount of specualtion and talk surrounding Cocu and Rooney possibly searching out coaches, made the job impossible for Cocu to keep. I believe the only solution was Cocu or Rooney. In terms of global status of the club, Rooney was the only winner. To my mind it is ridiculous to even be in that situation.

We seem to love being in the media, what we don't seem to appreciate is heavy media coverage is very rarely a good thing.

I just can't get past the way the job arrived for Rooney. I don't like all this crap about how fun training is, Davies being quite public in his criticism of what happened before. Just doesn't sit well, especially when we haven't done anything worthy of making such comments. And now the Rooney love in from the club. We have essentially rewarded failure.

I do feel sorry for Rooney though, this a tough task. He needs our support.

26 minutes ago, Finch said:

Agree, shameful treatment of RK. MM saw a way of reducing the wage bill.  Chickens coming home to roost now. Karma.

Not as simple as that. If he’d sacked Bennett and Lawrence, that would be a big hit to FFP as far as Lawrence is concerned. We can all say Mel handled it wrong but he probably thought at the time it could be the difference between us satisfying FFP and failing it. He was put in an impossible position. If he’d done the right thing the club would have suffered, players would’ve been fine despite being their idiotic actions so he probably though my duck it I’ll do what’s right for Derby.

for me the overall degradation comes from poor scouting and recruitement,throwing top money at poor players.the present situation is purely down to cocu,and his failure to see the value of strikers,and the need to score more than one goal,and sticking with it for too long

1 minute ago, TINMANTED said:

for me the overall degradation comes from poor scouting and recruitement,throwing top money at poor players.the present situation is purely down to cocu,and his failure to see the value of strikers,and the need to score more than one goal,and sticking with it for too long

Not sure about that. We couldn’t afford to keep Martin or sign Dursan. 

May be grasping at straws but in view of the loans Lampard made with his Chelsea contacts I would hope Rooney can get some reinforcements from Old Trafford. Behind the scenes may influence this as a possibility of course ?‍♂️

7 hours ago, NottsRammy said:

I do feel that Mel has pulled the rug in he has had enough, but that grinds a bit when the top rich list comes out and he seems to be getting wealthier but yet has packed in chucking his millions even though he claims he is a fan . Thats one reason for me , although im not currently hating on Mel like a few are doing . 

I think the biggest reason of where we are now is the loaning of 3 big name players Mount , Wilson , Tomori  . When they left it basically stripped the team of nearly all of its quality and we never ever replaced them it was Mels last little chuck of the dice to get us there without commiting to spending much only in wages . 

For me we have never ever recovered from around that time to have a decent balanced squad with any depth . 

Whats peoples thoughts .

What i am saying is i think it hindsight it was a huge mistake to take on so many quality loan players to have them go back atthe season end leaves your team totally bare with to much to make up .

I think Mel is peed off with football, the efl saga and constant sniping by Gibson, manager/team/players not living up to the promises.  Aren’t we all. he’s been flushing his cash down the loo for way too long, enough is  enough for anyone. I’ve had enough and I don’t spend a single penny on football anymore

17 minutes ago, SKRam said:

May be grasping at straws but in view of the loans Lampard made with his Chelsea contacts I would hope Rooney can get some reinforcements from Old Trafford. Behind the scenes may influence this as a possibility of course ?‍♂️

May be the only option but that doesn't overly inspire me.  Keane, Lingard and James Wilson.  All been pants here. Derby and loans of young players from Man Utd and Spurs don't go well. Give Keane some leeway maybe as he didn't get much game time.  Think with Lampard we got a couple of very good young players as they were keen to come and play for Morris -not Mel.  More tempted to give Liverpool a go -there youngsters seem to do far better in this league percentage wise.  Not sure an ex Man utd stalwart as manager will help that cause mind.

27 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

May be the only option but that doesn't overly inspire me.  Keane, Lingard and James Wilson.  All been pants here. Derby and loans of young players from Man Utd and Spurs don't go well. Give Keane some leeway maybe as he didn't get much game time.  Think with Lampard we got a couple of very good young players as they were keen to come and play for Morris -not Mel.  More tempted to give Liverpool a go -there youngsters seem to do far better in this league percentage wise.  Not sure an ex Man utd stalwart as manager will help that cause mind.

Not sure that's how it works, that all youngsters from one club are better than all youngsters from others. Their academy will have changed over time, and the individuals within it too. As you say, it's unlikely that Liverpool will have a good relationship with a former Everton and Manchester United player so I don't think we will get much joy there. 

I would have thought with Rooney and McClaren here, there should be an open pathway to Manchester United youngsters if we can afford it. 

1 hour ago, SKRam said:

The way it’s going I’m looking more at Salford City helping us out 

3 hours ago, Coconut said:

I don't agree that you can blanketedly treat everyone the same in such complex scenarios, and that all circumstances should be considered.

If you don't consider the actions of the club fair that's up to you, I'm not going to change your mind nor you mine.

I think it's old news and cba to dredge up historic events with you or anyone else again to argue the toss over so is best to leave this here as have lost the will and energy after this weekend.

Not directed at you personally btw

12 hours ago, NottsRammy said:

I do feel that Mel has pulled the rug in he has had enough, but that grinds a bit when the top rich list comes out and he seems to be getting wealthier but yet has packed in chucking his millions even though he claims he is a fan . Thats one reason for me , although im not currently hating on Mel like a few are doing . I think the biggest reason of where we are now is the loaning of 3 big name players Mount , Wilson , Tomori 

Root cause problems were manifesting themselves way before Mount, Wilson, Tomori were on the books at DCFC. The embryonic phase of this financial crisis possibly began as early as 2015, around the time Steve McClaren was relieved of his duties by Mr Morris. 

9 hours ago, cannable said:

Lampard generated what he spent through player sales. 

Warnock was going to get the job until Uncle ‘Arry got Lampard an interview. 

The same Warnock who was preparing Cardiff for the Premier League at the time?

Archived