Derby County Vs Bournemouth Matchday thread.

Rev

2 minutes ago, David said:

You’ve put £500 on Bournemouth? ?

Not trying to find excuses for the Rotherham game, but we had little training as a group prior to the game.

Hopefully tonight you’re £500 down you mad man! 

The number of times I've placed money on us to win and been disappointed , I just don't see an outlet for us scoring. Any Bournemouth fan will be expecting them to push on and win no excuses especially after their disappointment on saturday.If an wrong I can take consolation in a good performance by the Rams but head over heart this should be a comfortable win for Bournemouth .

• Replies 983
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Can't but think the pitch isn't helping any player that plays on grass rather than in the air! It's awful.

pitch isn't helping but he is looking like the cocu version of kamil now.  Diving, rolling about no confidence in front of goal.  

1 minute ago, brady1993 said:

I'm somewhat with you. 

With how we are setting up I think we seemingly play better for the most against teams who look to keep the ball and are better than us, we've come unstuck more trying to break down so called "lesser" teams for the most part. With the counterpressing of Knight and Shinnie I suspect there is high chance we create opportunities knicking the ball in dangerous areas, the important part will be properly capitlising on it before we begin to run out of steam.

I wonder if there’s also mentality issue in this league as well, players looking and thinking it’s only Rotherham like fans do, can just turn up and roll them over. 

This isn’t just Derby, lesser teams regularly go and upset teams near the top.

Beating Swansea 2-0, 0-0 v Brentford, we also drew to Bournemouth earlier in the season 1-1 and beating Norwich. 

When we roll up to the lesser teams, I think we forget we are in that mix ourselves right now and need to fight like Rotherham did for every ball on Saturday. 

3 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

Roos

Byrne      Evans      Clarke      Forsyth

Bielik

Knight        Shinnie (C)

Jozwiak      Kazim-Richards     Sibley

Subs: Foster Wisdom Buchanan Bird Waghorn Gordon Whittaker [plus who's fit from Holmes Lawrence Stretton, Hector-Ingram and Marshall back if he's fit]

Sibley needs to be a starter if we're going to ever get on the front foot. We can't be a team incapable of scoring goals and then drop our most forward thinking player as Rooney did for the last game. There was a reason we scored 4 against Birmingham.

I've been scratching my head with Sibley ever since Rooney took over. Every time he's started he's looked bright, getting into good positions and getting shots away but he gets dropped without a second thought. I can't help but feel that if we just let him play a few games in a row to build up something like form he'll starting scoring pretty regularly.

If not that then at least bring him before 80 minute mark so he has a chance to get into the game.

With that said I don't think we see him start tonight.

3 minutes ago, ram1964 said:

The number of times I've placed money on us to win and been disappointed , I just don't see an outlet for us scoring. Any Bournemouth fan will be expecting them to push on and win no excuses especially after their disappointment on saturday.If an wrong I can take consolation in a good performance by the Rams but head over heart this should be a comfortable win for Bournemouth .

I get your line of thinking, @Srgdoes the same....but £500! 

I would be kicked out the house if I went that far ?

1 minute ago, David said:

I wonder if there’s also mentality issue in this league as well, players looking and thinking it’s only Rotherham like fans do, can just turn up and roll them over. 

This isn’t just Derby, lesser teams regularly go and upset teams near the top.

Beating Swansea 2-0, 0-0 v Brentford, we also drew to Bournemouth earlier in the season 1-1 and beating Norwich. 

When we roll up to the lesser teams, I think we forget we are in that mix ourselves right now and need to fight like Rotherham did for every ball on Saturday. 

Could be. But against Rotherham I felt it was tactical. What has been working against the likes of the Swansea is unnerving them with aggressiving pressing, winning the ball high up, giving it to Bielik to dictate with the back up plan of looking to hit CKR early. Tactically Rotherham essentially snuffed all that by just not caring about keeping the ball, packing central areas, man marking Bielik and putting 3 CBs against CKR.

Yes there were individually sub-par performances but honestly they did us over tactically and we just didn't react till far far too late in the game. It's my main criticism of Rooney so far is that when things haven't been going our way he's been far too slow to react.

1 minute ago, brady1993 said:

Could be. But against Rotherham I felt it was tactical. What has been working against the likes of the Swansea is unnerving them with aggressiving pressing, winning the ball high up, giving it to Bielik to dictate with the back up plan of looking to hit CKR early. Tactically Rotherham essentially snuffed all that by just not caring about keeping the ball, packing central areas, man marking Bielik and putting 3 CBs against CKR.

Yes there were individually sub-par performances but honestly they did us over tactically and we just didn't react till far far too late in the game. It's my main criticism of Rooney so far is that when things haven't been going our way he's been far too slow to react.

Remember Cocu complaining a lot that the players weren’t following instructions, it’s hard to know what Rooney asked from the players and what they were doing.

They looked slow and lethargic which could be down to self isolating, were they training as much as they should have been at home? 

Either way that game has gone now, nothing we can do about it, just hope we see a reaction tonight and I hear you on Rooney being slow to react. He does seem somewhat reluctant to make substitutions, but our bench has looked like a crèche at times.

With Lawrence out, Holmes going, we’re going to be limited until we’re in a position to bring players in  

Just now, David said:

Remember Cocu complaining a lot that the players weren’t following instructions, it’s hard to know what Rooney asked from the players and what they were doing.

They looked slow and lethargic which could be down to self isolating, were they training as much as they should have been at home? 

Both fair points and I'm sure the second one contributed but even with that said how we were set up was playing into Rotherham's hands and we could have adjusted shape and personal to get into the game more. Which we did when we switched to a 442 and brought Bird on but that was a switch that should have been at half time along with Sibley coming on to give us width on the left. The space to attack Rotherham was out wide and we need extra support in around CKR.

We could have largely achieved the same by dropping Bielik into the back line and switching to a 343.

5 minutes ago, David said:

Either way that game has gone now, nothing we can do about it, just hope we see a reaction tonight and I hear you on Rooney being slow to react. He does seem somewhat reluctant to make substitutions, but our bench has looked like a crèche at times.

With Lawrence out, Holmes going, we’re going to be limited until we’re in a position to bring players in  

You are right about limited options but I can't help but feel that we aren't even utilising the limited options we have to it's fullest advantage. Case in point against Rotherham, why isn't Sbley coming on until so late in the game especially when we look so blunt ? Why is Bird only coming on when Bielik looks one wrong look from a red card when we were crying out for a player to try and keep the ball for half a second ? 

3 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

What's happened to it?

As I recall it was relaid with a hybrid/grass combination that looked fantastic until this season.

Not heard anything bar a snippet on RamsTV on Saturday, when they just said it'd had work done. I postulated that we can't afford to put growlights over it, but that's just a guess. Don't know if the woven grass needs different conditions.

I reckon it could cost us over the rest of the season, it doesn't encourage good, quick passing.

7 minutes ago, Orphanram said:

@Revis it worth putting the Kick off time in the thread title? I noticed a few people mentioning that they missed the the first half when we kicked off early previously. I know it’s in your post but it might be easier for people to pick up on on the title. 

Sorry mate, only the Mods can change thread titles once they are up.

If by some wonder I stay on, I'll put it in the title in future.

Archived