Derby County Vs Bournemouth Matchday thread.

8 minutes ago, David said:

Through what appeared like gritted teeth. Just don’t see the need to bring up the past. Played well tonight, sometimes it’s just nice to leave it at that

If I'm the only person who brings up subject matter regarding players from their past then I'm guilty as charged. 

Think you'll find though it's not singular to myself. 

37 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

The wisdom mix up - his fault - should have been his ball. Cant remember the other details after that celebratory bottle just now but on other occasions he was slow to come out and dominate 

Can’t agree with this at all.  Wizzy had the opportunity to put it on the A52, but decided to try and turn his man, very very risky.

Even if Roos is screaming Keepers ball, wizzy should be row z’ing that.  
If in doubt Etc Etc..

16 minutes ago, LeedsCityRam said:

Well done Derby - great response to the Saturday result.

Credit also to Rooney for setting up the team in exactly the right way to combat Bournemouth. Whilst the formation looked incredibly defensive, it gave us a real platform to soak up pressure relatively easily & initiate attacks. Time & time again Shinnie or Bielik were nicking possession & moving it up the park. Thought the 3 CBs worked really well & we saw a lot of Byrne & Buchanan - who had 3 glorious chances between them. 

Final 10 mins were a little fraught but showed real grit to see out the result after losing so many late goals this season. Got to say, did think we invited more pressure than was necessary by underusing subs yet again. Kazim was clearly struggling but Waghorn never came on - also thought introduction of Sibley could have seen us put the game to bed on the counter. Particularly when the team worked as hard as they did tonight, I just don't understand the reluctance to put on fresh legs & waste some time.

Really difficult call for MOM - Clarke, Shinnie & Bielik were all excellent but Bielik shades it with his goal, bravery in playing on after a bad cut & his presence around the pitch. Also honourable mention for Evans who I thought was very good tonight (that tackle on Danjuma!) - there's a good CB emerging there. He needs more games.

Changing your mind on Wazza yet?

Evans ...very capable. Makes you wonder why Cocu ever bothered bringing Dutschmyke in?!

Edited by Ellafella
7 minutes ago, Ruud Aralliss said:

Can’t agree with this at all.  Wizzy had the opportunity to put it on the A52, but decided to try and turn his man, very very risky.

Even if Roos is screaming Keepers ball, wizzy should be row z’ing that.  
If in doubt Etc Etc..

In that situation the keeper just needs to dominate. Wizzy assumed he would do so. He didn’t. So Wizzy is left in a pickle (which he didn’t handle so well). The second that ball was struck Roos should have been advancing. Instead he came 2 seconds later and only made it half way 

We’ll that’s how I saw it anyway. 

1 minute ago, kevinhectoring said:

In that situation the keeper just needs to dominate. Wizzy assumed he would do so. He didn’t. So Wizzy is left in a pickle (which he didn’t handle so well). The second that ball was struck Roos should have been advancing. Instead he came 2 seconds later and only made it half way 

We’ll that’s how I saw it anyway. 

The way I’ve always understood it as a player many moons ago is safety first, the worst thing that happens is you p/ss off your keeper than so be it. Wizzy should not assume anything with a striker breathing down his neck.

That’s how I see it, regardless of who the defender and keeper may be.

2 hours ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Well chuffed with that. Only better half I've seen this season was against Swansea. Wazza earns some plaudits for getting the system and personnel right and the lads working hard and looking quite threatening.

Been bigging up Evans as a player with potential forever and have really wanted to see him get a run of games at CB, so really pleased to see him doing well too. Hope he can cement a place as we really do need another CB. 

Well said @86 Hair Islands.