Derby County Vs Bournemouth Matchday thread.

2 minutes ago, dajstrawb said:

Absolutely disagree here. We’d go as controlled the game up to then. Bringing on completely different style players to the ones that had got us in that position could have easily upset the balance. Bringing on McDonald was a great call to give us an outlet down the right. Situation didn’t call for Waggy or Sibley

CKR could barely walk at times. Waggy should have come on IMO.

I think he does see Sibley as a liability defensively and in terms of discipline.

Just now, Monty said:

Rooney interviews as a manager much better than he did as a player more insightful somehow 

Enjoyed listening to what he had to say, no fluff and honest. If we mess him about and he goes I will regret it. I honestly believe he will be very good for us if we are straight with him.

Over to you money men.

Just now, AndyinLiverpool said:

So the thing about Covid was just to throw me off the scent. Curses, I fell for it. 🙂

The covid comment was obviously in relation to the last game only.

Great result. MUCH better performance.  Covid hangover for Rotherham I'm assuming.  Clarke, Shinnie & Bielik pick of the bunch for me.  CKR a right handful. Joz crying out for someone to cross to. Roos, for once no complaints from me.  Wisdom though.  Tries hard but scares me every time he has the ball.   Will watch again later.  Onward and upward. 

14 minutes ago, Pearl Ram said:

So, it would appear Rooney knew what he was doing. Not that keen on a sub though is he ?

Really pleased for him and the players, Shinnie impresses more each game lately, unlucky not to get MoM for me. 👏

Totally agree but Shinners won't care. Proper team player. Should be the skipper I reckon. Ran so hard tonight at times it seemed like there were three of him on the pitch. He was everywhere, especially in the last 15.

14 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

Coaching team 1   DCFC Fans 0 

Were folk critical of the line up? I wanted Fozzy in but as Sage pointed out, he's not a wing back. Other than that I thought Wazza  and dopey bolarks here hadn't noticed we were playing 3-4-3. Proof of the pudding and all that. If it's down to Wazza when we lose (well, for most of us) then he has to get the credit when we win.

3 minutes ago, Wistaston Ram said:

George Evans, worst player in the league apparently. Pleased for him tonight. UTR.

Few people have cited this! Who said that  I know I'm the in-house Evans fanboy but surely even his biggest critics can't think he's that bad! 🤣

3 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Nope. He can't play the game Colin does - even on one leg!

Waghorn was sat on the bench tonight with a load of kids and a centre forward in his thirties with a thigh injury who was immobile for 20 minutes.  His days would be numbered I think.  Is he out of contract this summer.

Edited by Gee SCREAMER !!
Just now, kevinhectoring said:

The wisdom mix up - his fault - should have been his ball. Cant remember the other details after that celebratory bottle just now but on other occasions he was slow to come out and dominate 

On that basis, you could probably say everyone only played well in parts. I'm sure, as well as they played, pretty much everyone must have made one mistake during the game.

The wisdom incident was a muddle. Can't remember many/any others to be honest. 

Evans, Shinnie and Bielik were all outstanding today. Clarke had a good game as well. Wisdom scares me in more ways than one. 

Should have subbed Kazim - no point having him on the field if he can't get anywhere near the ball and he can barely move.

Other than that though thoroughly enjoyed the game - just hope we can do it again against QPR.

Superb win tonight. A gutsy team effort where everyone played their part. It could be a real turning point in the season if we allow it to be.

Now it’s time for the boys to deliver against the teams we’ve struggled against.

We play QPR, Rotherham and Barnsley away in the next four, I believe.

It’s a massive chance for us to put things right and most crucially to put our fate in our own hands.

If you look at the table, if we could beat QPR, as an example, suddenly four or five teams have to start looking over their shoulders and they are dragged back into danger. The more teams in the mix, the better our chances of survival.

This was a big performance, time for an even bigger one!

2 minutes ago, BucksRam said:

Great result. MUCH better performance.  Covid hangover for Rotherham I'm assuming.  Clarke, Shinnie & Bielik pick of the bunch for me.  CKR a right handful. Joz crying out for someone to cross to. Roos, for once no complaints from me.  Wisdom though.  Tries hard but scares me every time he has the ball.   Will watch again later.  Onward and upward. 

did you watch that on ramstv, wizzy is the most vocal and supportive player in the side.  He does get tied and he has his limitations but he is an important part of the defence which is actually quite good in Championship levels

3 minutes ago, SKRam said:

Presume you’re referring to his post Man Utd and England days 😉

I suppose as a player you have to talk in generalities other than about your own specific performance and can’t really take the tactics to pieces as that would alienate the manager. Consequently you can end up talking in a series of cliches although he did manage to say the classic ‘game of two halves’ tonight 😊. Just was impressed tonight about how quickly he has become quite clearly the manager