Derby County Vs Bournemouth Matchday thread.

Rev

1 minute ago, Steve How Hard? said:

Spot on and I'd add to that, his set piece deliveries ain't too shabby either. 

Well chuffed with that. Only better half I've seen this season was against Swansea. Wazza earns some plaudits for getting the system and personnel right and the lads working hard and looking quite threatening.

Been bigging up Evans as a player with potential forever and have really wanted to see him get a run of games at CB, so really pleased to see him doing well too. Hope he can cement a place as we really do need another CB. 

• Replies 983
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Decent half! ???

As with a lot of games (in the last 10 games) we've looked solid, hard to break down and haven't had to deal with many shots on target. Special mentions for Evans, Clarke, Bielik and Shinnie.

If we had 2 different players (1 to make the killer pass and one that can finish consistently) we'd be 2 or 3 up with some of the positions we've worked ourselves into... Bournemouth's defence are shaky as at the minute.

6 minutes ago, Pearl Ram said:

“Good value for their lead” said the man on the telly and he’s dead right and I’m a little bit chuffed after reading the negative Nancy’s before kick off. Well done lads. ?

If they were a bunch of duck eggs it would be easier to accept. We know they have a lot of talent 

Much better than I was expecting to be fair. Not a game of high quality from either side really, but I think we deserve the lead based on our effort and attitude so far. So much better than Saturday, in terms of desire, work rate, and focus. 

We’re playing the 3 at the back much better than we did under Cocu so far as well. Wing backs are pushed high, and most significantly the centre halves are carrying the ball out toward the half way line as well. Means we’re pushing up the pitch a lot more, and not ending up too deep. That’s the way to play 3 at the back if you don’t want to end up negative. Let’s see whether we keep it up now, or end up dropping too defensive because we have the lead.

10 minutes ago, Brammie Steve said:

George Evans reminded me of David Nish there.

High praise indeed!

Maybe a few people will be tempted to recognise that he’s actually a decent player.

Just now, RamNut said:

Maybe a few people will be tempted to recognise that he’s actually a decent player.

Evans will always put a solid shift in without doing anything spectacular. 

Gets a lot of underserved flack really, when he’s a great player to have in the squad

Just now, Steve How Hard? said:

Even though their player Danjuma was offside more than Waggy in that 1st half it just concerns me that he will eventually time one of those runs perfectly. We just need to keep up that work rate to cut off his supply. 

I would say that waggy is about as offside as Mesut Ozil's eyes... that's pretty much all the time then ?

Archived