Derby County Vs Bournemouth Matchday thread.

Good so far, but they can't play as badly second half. We should have had a second with the breakdowns we have forced but we are an attacking player light.

My other concern is when we stop pressing due to tiredness we have to drop deeper because you can't play with this high a line with no pressure on the ball.

We will need to use Sibley and Waghorn a bit earlier than we have been using subs.

Other than that, hurrah.

At the start is was worried they all looked terrified and devoid of confidence.

But they grew into it and deservedly took the lead.

Encouraging.

At a guess the takeover is in the balance, but hold out to win and the "more money than god" will appear, let one in and DcFC will be sent to the poor house.

3 minutes ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Ha!

Fair one for admitting it buddy. I think it's because he just goes quietly about his work rather than doing anything flash. Some seem to think he doesn't offer much creatively but to my way of thinking, he's the one knitting everything together and he's also the best tackler in the side.

Also love the fact that he was respectful and patient under Cocu too. Never moaned, just got on with earning a slot. Surely one of the first names on the teamsheet these days.

He’s not got much creativity, but he’s a platform that allows the creatives to go about their business without worrying as much about defensive duties......don’t worry Shinnie’s got your back!

That said he chips in with goals and assists too!

Defensive formation apparently. Ahem.

I don’t think we’ve been at our best, but we’ve grown into the game. Deserve to be in the lead, apart from that Solanke chance early on they have offered nothing.

That Evans tackle at the end of the half, love it, you see so many players lunge in, give a penalty away but stood solid, foot in right time and defused the situation. 

Could easily have put 3 or 4 away. Need to make more of our chances in the second half, fully expecting to see Jack Wilshere at some point and he’s the kinda player that can come on and control the game.

Bury them before he gets a chance.

1 minute ago, David said:

Defensive formation apparently. Ahem.

I don’t think we’ve been at our best, but we’ve grown into the game. Deserve to be in the lead, apart from that Solanke chance early on they have offered nothing.

That Evans tackle at the end of the half, love it, you see so many players lunge in, give a penalty away but stood solid, foot in right time and defused the situation. 

Could easily have put 3 or 4 away. Need to make more of our chances in the second half, fully expecting to see Jack Wilshere at some point and he’s the kinda player that can come on and control the game.

Bury them before he gets a chance.

And on this pitch you could bury them and no one would notice 

This performance has seen us get back to more of the intensity of the Birmingham game. Buchanan looks like one of those players who needs a run of games under his belt to get up to speed. I remember when he first came in you would see him doing some great attacking on one hand and then treading on the ball the next, he’s been a bit like that for me since he’s come back in. Hopefully we can see this one through, COYR.

1 minute ago, CornwallRam said:

They look really naive. We look like a hardened Championship side. I do like Rooney's playing style.  

They are falling into our traps. 

Make them push it out wide to Carter-Vickers, Knight angles a run to force him down the line so he can't play back inside where they ideally want to go. 

Must have won possession 20 times from that alone. 

They look like we did 10 games a go. Naive like you say. Hopefully they don't change style, formation or tempo second half.