Derby County Vs Bournemouth Matchday thread.

Rev

• Replies 983
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Posh Ram said:

Individual players I agree with you both - Bielik and Knight are great, Marshall, Byrne, Jozwiak have all looked good at times, CKR is deservedly a fan favourite, young players are promising, etc. etc.

But there's a reason why Rooney can only make 2 subs a game and why after our worst performance of the season we can only afford to make one change to the starting XI. Just feels as if the squad has completely fallen apart in the last year-and-a-half and almost everybody's regressed. That's what I meant by 'League 1 XI' - as in I could see that lineup (minus Bielik and maybe Knight who'd both get picked up by Championship clubs) starting for us in League 1 next season.

Anyway, hope they prove me wrong today. We are good with our backs to the wall. COYR

They will prove you wrong tonight. They haven’t regressed. Let’s not exaggerate based on average variations in performance when clearly the COVID situation had a real impact. Keep the faith! 

It’s one of them if we get the win Rooney is a tactical genius. But if we lose he’ll be under deserved criticism because that starting XI is so defensive. 

In his defence we need signings and all parties associated with the takeover should be ashamed of themselves. But still I’d like to see us go down in a blaze of glory rather than a limp.

Just now, AndyinLiverpool said:

It's 3 at the back, though, isn't?

More attacking on the flanks and more scope for Bielik to move forward.

Judging how deep our full backs were against Rotherham, this might be the thinking. 

But I have a feeling they will be pinned into a defensive 5 for large periods. 

If knight is playing in a free role maybe switching with Joz then it’s maybe a decent idea to help out attack. 

if he’s just stuck out in a conventional right sided attack than it’s a waste of his talents.

Sadly whenever i see Evans I worry he’s a usually a passive player and right now we need big performances from here on in!

9 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

They will prove you wrong tonight. They haven’t regressed. Let’s not exaggerate based on average variations in performance when clearly the COVID situation had a real impact. Keep the faith! 

I really hope they do prove me wrong!

Lucky pundits in the studio for Sky TV. We managed to get a point against Wycombe with this ref.

I'm sat in a different end for this one in my lucky Sunhouse Crazy On The Weekend T-Shirt.

I can feel all your love for the club amongst the chaos. C'mon Mr Evans I believe in you and the lads.

Up The Rams.

I do think that despite Shinnie playing well recently that he’s an ultimately limited player that’s holding back our already depleted attack. Knight and Bielik are musts but with our struggles I just can’t see how Sibley is on the bench? We desperately need a spark and he’s someone who can provide it. May well be that we need to be as solid as possible tonight but at some point we’ll have to sacrifice Shinnie imo.

What I’ll say to doubters is that Rooney got us playing well again pre-Xmas when we’d been awful under a Cocu/committee. Looks like he’s going to have to do that again and he did it the first time round by keeping us solid.

We’ve always got a plan of attack under Rooney, Saturdays game was an absolute write off but I think we can still get a result tonight.

Archived