Derby County Vs Bournemouth Matchday thread.

I think we might struggle to get into their half. 
Joz is the only one that can carry the ball, possibly krystian?

At least expectations of any kind of performance or result are very low at best and almost non-existent 

Edited by StrawHillRam

Christ almighty that lineup is depressing. Cocu-esque I might add. You can see Rooney has learned a lot from him - can’t score goals, so what do we do? Stick another defender in there! Old Phil would be so proud of Wayne! Funny that the negative tactics which have been holding us back haven’t disappeared. Funny that, when you replace one manager with a member of his own coaching staff!

Genuinely awful. Gonna be hiding behind my sofa watching this. Kazim-Richards is no goal threat at all and he’s one of only two true forward players on the pitch. Fantastic. Guess we don’t have many other options but still... that’s a League One team. Don’t get how Buchanan keeps his place over Forsyth, he was all over the place the other night. Roos still gives me a panic attack any time he comes near the ball as well, we really need Marshall back.

3 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

Not sure I agree with you on that @Posh Ram...

3 minutes ago, David said:

That’s a mid table Championship team

Individual players I agree with you both - Bielik and Knight are great, Marshall, Byrne, Jozwiak have all looked good at times, CKR is deservedly a fan favourite, young players are promising, etc. etc.

But there's a reason why Rooney can only make 2 subs a game and why after our worst performance of the season we can only afford to make one change to the starting XI. Just feels as if the squad has completely fallen apart in the last year-and-a-half and almost everybody's regressed. That's what I meant by 'League 1 XI' - as in I could see that lineup (minus Bielik and maybe Knight who'd both get picked up by Championship clubs) starting for us in League 1 next season.

Anyway, hope they prove me wrong today. We are good with our backs to the wall. COYR

3 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

It's not unusual to have a sluggish first game back when you haven't been able to train as a group due to "lock down"/isolation. I think we'll see a sharper start and that desire to get forward quicker back. We need to be confident and take th egame to B'mouth and I think we will. We need to see a braver and more committed team performance. 

It's not just now.

I've lost count over the years of the occasions we've had anything from a  few days to a week extra to prepare than opponents, then look like we've spent the extra time on the lash.

Which in fairness, we probably did.

I think the time for us to play for draws has gone.

I’d get this line up if we had won on Saturday. Follow up a win with a solid, hard earned point against better opposition.

We have more attacking threat on the bench than we do on the pitch.

We are going to kick ourselves if we don’t get a result and Rotherham sneak a win at home to Stoke.

2 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Christ almighty that lineup is depressing. Cocu-esque I might add. You can see Rooney has learned a lot from him - can’t score goals, so what do we do? Stick another defender in there! Old Phil would be so proud of Wayne! Funny that the negative tactics which have been holding us back haven’t disappeared. Funny that, when you replace one manager with a member of his own coaching staff!

Genuinely awful. Gonna be hiding behind my sofa watching this. Kazim-Richards is no goal threat at all and he’s one of only two true forward players on the pitch. Fantastic. Guess we don’t have many other options but still... that’s a League One team. Don’t get how Buchanan keeps his place over Forsyth, he was all over the place the other night. Roos still gives me a panic attack any time he comes near the ball as well, we really need Marshall back.

Nailed on 3 points tonight 🥳🥳

37 minutes ago, Black ('n' White) Sheep said:

My office is near the ground, so my usual weeknight ritual would be:

• Meet the lads after clocking off time
  • Off to Shalimar for a curry
  • Quick couple of pints at the Brunswick
  • Slow wander over to take my seat half an hour before KO

Man, I miss nights like that 😞 

Can’t beat a curry at the good old Johnny marr 

7 minutes ago, StrawHillRam said:

I think we might struggle to get into their half. 
Joz is the only one that can carry the ball, possibly krystian?

At least expectations of any kind of performance or result are very low at best and almost non-existent 

Knight and Bielik carry the ball well. 

Both should have a bit more space tonight. 

7 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

If you’re watching it hiding behind your sofa then you’ll need mirrors to see the game.....as mirrors show an ‘opposite’ picture we might score a hat full. I think that’s how it works anyway