Derby County Vs Bournemouth Matchday thread.

Rev

• Replies 983
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Looks like Knight is back on the wing. I'll be very surprised if Byrne is at RW and Wisdom RB. 433 or 523?

Roos
Byrne   Wisdom   Clarke   Buchanan
Evans   Bielik   Shinnie
Knight   Kazim   Jozwiak

Roos
Byrne   Wisdom   Evans   Clarke   Buchanan
Bielik   Shinnie
Knight   Kazim   Jozwiak

I think the most logical set up would be a 5311 but I have a sneaking suspicion it's 433 with 3 DMs and Knight out wide.

Joy.

What I really don't get is if that's your play why not name Bird, for all the dubious accusations that gets slung at him for being passive they actually readily apply to Evans.

4 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

God I hop it's this one.

He finished Saturdays game out wide didn't he?

Had a 15 minute spell on the left in between our two substitutions.

Bird came on for Bielik:

Jozwiak   Bird   Shinnie   Knight
Waghorn   Kazim

Sibley came on for Shinnie:

Jozwiak   Knight   Bird   Sibley
Waghorn   Kazim

2 minutes ago, enachops said:

On paper very defensive, struggle to see where the goals will come from. We had a Cocu like performance on Saturday and now tinkering with experimental line ups. Not a good sign. Fingers crossed for a positive result though - COYR! 

It's not unusual to have a sluggish first game back when you haven't been able to train as a group due to "lock down"/isolation. I think we'll see a sharper start and that desire to get forward quicker back. We need to be confident and take th egame to B'mouth and I think we will. We need to see a braver and more committed team performance. 

Just now, Jourdan said:

I don’t really get the ultra defensive line up.

No-one expects us to win. It’s a free hit. Go for it.

Instead it looks like we are trying to be cute and pinch a point and will probably lose 0-2 anyway.

Me neither especially as for all our faults we have been solid.

We've either moved Knight from where he is most affective, sacrificed a forward for an extra defensive player or both. I'm not sure how this line up fixes any issues and how it doesn't aggravate some of the weaker sides to our game we've been showing under Rooney.

Archived