Prediction POLL: How long will Rooney be manager ?

Mostyn6

How long will Rooney last?   

222 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

49 minutes ago, Pearl Ram said:

Don’t type poo, he’ll take us down, he can’t make a silk purse out of a sow’s ear. If we go down it’ll be down to the dithering of this supposed takeover and Rooney not being given the tools to do the job.

We’re halfway through a transfer window where improvements to our team are imperative  but these twots at boardroom level can’t or won’t get their poo together to give the bloke a fighting chance to avoid relegation. 

Yes that's the sad reality. Relegation is now looking a strong possibility. I think we will be in and out of the bottom three for the next few months, but relegation will only be decided in the last 3 or 4 games. If we succumb, that will be the end of Rooney's tenure.  

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wayne will keep his job next season either as a struggling Championship manager or in charge of a mid-table League One team.

If crowds are allowed back (which is by no means certain) the Rams will be a team another 23 want in their division for the extra revenue they attract. The Rams have always played best on "big occasions", (as has Wayne himself).

If the current situation persists no manager, past or current, could legitimately be blamed for a certain degree of lethargy among players.

Lack of wages, risk of contact illness, instability of ownership, no amount of "it's all forgotten when you pull on the team shirt" can fully expunge this from a player's mind. Being human myself (honest!) I can sympathise with the tendency to tire towards the end of a grindingly difficult and boring slog only to be beaten by a sucker punch in the dying minutes as keeps happening.

So, all things remaining equal, Wayne will manage for a full 21-22 season following which he will a) retire to ehjoy his accumulated wealth or b) move on to a club with less apparently insoluble problems.

Either way he is the man for the Rams job here and now!

1 minute ago, angieram said:

Up the A515 and A52/A6. You're not London, you know! ?

Bizarrely @angieram on the railways it’s up to London. And would be down to Derby (or Manchester in my case) so theoretically if Wayne was heading to Manchester it would be down, but he’s driving his car not a train so you may well be correct. I would always say up to Manchester too.... so I’ll let you have that on a technicality ??

Just now, SKRam said:

Bizarrely @angieram on the railways it’s up to London. And would be down to Derby (or Manchester in my case) so theoretically if Wayne was heading to Manchester it would be down, but he’s driving his car not a train so you may well be correct. I would always say up to Manchester too.... so I’ll let you have that on a technicality ??

I know. Bloody railway jargon, what do they know? 

1 hour ago, SKRam said:

1 hour ago, angieram said:

I know. Bloody railway jargon, what do they know? 

And contrary to most science fiction programmes, there's no 'up' in space. The earth's portrayed orientation, the compass direction of North etc are all artefacts of the colonial past of European nations.

1 minute ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Funny innit how the need for some added quality in the squad was not so long ago being dismissed as an excuse, whereas now it's morphed into a mandatory requirement. ?‍♀️

Yeah we never needed a striker and Dutch Mike was ace!

Only one manager in the last ten years or so has lasted more than cocu did. That suggests that Wayne will do well to get us into 2022. A lot depends on the takeover and whether we will have to sell players in the next fortnight. If not, I can see us just staying up and then let’s see next season. I can genuinely see him being in charge for 18 months. After that he’s either off to the prem or sacked.

On 17/01/2021 at 18:56, IslandExile said:

And contrary to most science fiction programmes, there's no 'up' in space. The earth's portrayed orientation, the compass direction of North etc are all artefacts of the colonial past of European nations.

Kristen Bell Omg GIF by The Good Place
sorry didn’t know how to answer that 

Archived