Prediction POLL: How long will Rooney be manager ?

Mostyn6

How long will Rooney last?   

222 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

Gone before the end of the season. Though I’d say the same about any manager given our situation. I’m still convinced we’re in a serious mess, and will ultimately end up relegated. And no manager survives that. 

No way, Jose. Wayne is a winner. We may finish in bottom six but not bottom three, barring EFL points deduction to ensure relegation. 

I voted 18 months but if his ability as a manager is in inverse proportion to his ability in interviews then we’ll be in the Prem so who knows. In all honesty I like the down to earth grass roots of his ethic. Stranger things have happened. This time round we might have a manager who does his talking via team performances

5 hours ago, Ambitious said:

I saw my mate, the other day, he said to me we’ve got the next Cloughie, so I asked, who is he? He said he goes by the name of Wayne Rooney.. 

How long did Brian Clough last at Leeds again!? 

Clough finished 18th in his first season with us. So champions of England here we come!

I was advocating that Rooney's playing contract got paid up when we brought in a new manager. His presence didn't do Cocu any favours, but he has inherited a poor situation, both on & off-field, and this is his first dire result since he assumed sole control with the coaching staff in support & McClaren in the background. He has improved the side, simplified things and all this without actually bringing in any of his own signings. The club is relying on Academy players for its subs bench.  Experience is desperately needed & more cutting edge in attack. Curtis Davies out injured long-term is a miss for his leadership, experience & steadying influence.

Rooney has started his managerial career with a relegation battle, a situation Lampard neatly side-stepped when he was offered the job at Ipswich. He was able to bring  in three PL quality loan players, one this week linked with a move to Serie A for £25m (Tomori). Frankie boy's permanent signings on the other hand have been disappointing, from Josefzoon to Holmes. 

I'll say judge Rooney more on who is able to bring in by the end of January. Apparently, he has made two lists of targets, one if the takeover goes ahead, the second if it doesn't, so you can't accuse him of not being flexible (Pat Murphy/5live).

We're in this mess for reasons beyond the newly appointed manager, and there are a lot of variables at play which make the situation unstable, as pointed out by others. 

If we go down, he deserves a bit of latitude. If he exits as manager, whoever we bring in will face a hard task to get us back up at the first time of asking, as well as stabilizing a club that has become a basket-case.

He may opt to walk if the assurances given to him, which prompted him to become permanent manager, turn out to be empty.

This season is a free hit for Wayne. 

If he's moderately successful, he's a hero. 

If it turns into a disaster (and let's be honest, there's a decent chance of it) he will be judged lightly, poisoned chalice - owner selling up, lack of funds to pay the players, debacle with the new owners, coronavirus - how could he overcome all of that? 

I think bad season, Wayne leaves for pastures new at the end of season. 

1 minute ago, GboroRam said:

If it turns into a disaster (and let's be honest, there's a decent chance of it) he will be judged lightly, poisoned chalice - owner selling up, lack of funds to pay the players, debacle with the new owners, coronavirus - how could he overcome all of that? 

I think bad season, Wayne leaves for pastures new at the end of season. 

Exactly. 

Don’t type poo, he’ll take us down, he can’t make a silk purse out of a sow’s ear. If we go down it’ll be down to the dithering of this supposed takeover and Rooney not being given the tools to do the job.

We’re halfway through a transfer window where improvements to our team are imperative  but these twots at boardroom level can’t or won’t get their poo together to give the bloke a fighting chance to avoid relegation. 

Archived