Kaide Gordon - signed for Liverpool

rynny

1 minute ago, dcfcreece1601 said:

Would be the most fantastic news so far if we can hold onto everyone and build on it with a few quality additions lime a striker and central defender , maybe a right winger too 

...woah, slow down, slow down! Lol. #COYR

17 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

Not to rain on anyone’s parade, but I think Wayne is talking about the youngsters within the first team there - ie Sibley and Knight. Still good news, but don’t think that necessarily means Gordon will stay. I mean there’s little we can do to stop him anyway.

Getting regular first team game time under Rooney or play in Man United under 18s... I’d like to think given the same opportunity I’d want to play first team football but as a 16 year old if your taken around carrington meeting the likes of OGS and other man United legends and players you can see it would be difficult to turn down and he might really back himself. 
If he has the same head in his shoulders that Bellingham and sancho did, I’d be really impressed, they’ve gone to a club where they will give them a chance. 
Hopefully he stays and gets a crack at the first team for for a couple of years, then we can get a big fee for him. 

21 minutes ago, DCFC27 said:

Getting regular first team game time under Rooney or play in Man United under 18s... I’d like to think given the same opportunity I’d want to play first team football but as a 16 year old if your taken around carrington meeting the likes of OGS and other man United legends and players you can see it would be difficult to turn down and he might really back himself. 
If he has the same head in his shoulders that Bellingham and sancho did, I’d be really impressed, they’ve gone to a club where they will give them a chance. 
Hopefully he stays and gets a crack at the first team for for a couple of years, then we can get a big fee for him. 

Yeah I agree, I don’t think it would be the best move at his age to go to a Man Utd or a Liverpool etc. Considering how good our academy is, I don’t see that there would be any benefit in him going there, other than higher pay. He’d be better off staying here where he’s likely to get promoted to the first team quicker.

I fear he could be forced out though, even if he doesn’t want to go, so we can pay our bills.

Edited by Millenniumram

5 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

Liverpool's last premier league match squad contained 6 players from their academy; Man utd's contained 5 from theirs. 

The idea that Gordon is just going to disappear at Liverpool or Man Utd is ludicrous. If he's any good, he'll get the opportunity.

He may well get an opportunity at some point but he won't be seeing first team football for a few months (especially with both challenging for the title) & thats likely to be limited to sub cameos. Thats unlikely to improve the streetsmarts of a lad who hasnt really played first team football with us yet.

He needs to be playing first team football most weeks to develop & he has a more realistic chance of doing that here asap. Would like to think his advisors are considering the long game...imminent first team exposure, working under Rooney/Rosenior, lesser media glare rather than chasing bigger money at Liverpool & Man Utd. 

Unlike others, I'd be very surprised if the club wanted to cash in on him unless it was a very sizeable fee up front.

27 minutes ago, LeedsCityRam said:

He may well get an opportunity at some point but he won't be seeing first team football for a few months (especially with both challenging for the title) & thats likely to be limited to sub cameos. Thats unlikely to improve the streetsmarts of a lad who hasnt really played first team football with us yet.

He needs to be playing first team football most weeks to develop & he has a more realistic chance of doing that here asap. Would like to think his advisors are considering the long game...imminent first team exposure, working under Rooney/Rosenior, lesser media glare rather than chasing bigger money at Liverpool & Man Utd. 

Unlike others, I'd be very surprised if the club wanted to cash in on him unless it was a very sizeable fee up front.

He really doesn't need to be playing first team football right now. He turned 16 only in October.

Not sure where people get the idea that he needs first team football. What's the rush?

9 minutes ago, Abu Derby said:

£2m quoted on Sky. Scandalous if true. 
Bellingham went for mega money having only played a few first team games. 
Typical Derby County giveaway. 
When will we ever learn?

I agree. We do get stiffed on transfers but the hole  they've dug themselves however means were in a position where 2 million might be more important than any deal for a few years if it staves off other issues.  I would assume given his age the fee may indicate a couple of suitors, so hopefully adds on may accrue or a further offer may arise. 

On 15/01/2021 at 11:30, NottsRammy said:

Its a shame we wont get to see him , also you have to feel that the current mess we are in wont endear him to him staying . 

But if he has to go i would like to know what future sell on clauses or potential extras we are likely to get before being happy about it . 

A lot of contract details are private, but the sell on clauses we do know about are usually 15-25%. I would assume we could put whatever we want in though within reason. He would have to go for a lot of money to make 25% worth it though.

10 minutes ago, Abu Derby said:

£2m quoted on Sky. Scandalous if true. 
Bellingham went for mega money having only played a few first team games. 
Typical Derby County giveaway. 
When will we ever learn?

How many games has Gordon played for us? One minute in one senior game? Bellingham played the entire season for Brum.

We can't sell Gordon for that much - our hands are tied due to his age. We can only get compensation and then hope we got a good sell on clause and hope he gets sold for loads of money further down the line.

11 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

The club could always try to persuade him to stay. He might have some deep-seated affection for the club, his teammates, fans etc.

It's a difficult one .  A lot if this will be signing on fee element . Don't know if it's still 10%.  If I was 16 and someone offered to put 200k in my bank, think I'd be off.