Kaide Gordon - signed for Liverpool

rynny

45 minutes ago, Footymum2017 said:

The deal should be finalised next week, he’s going to the club for a couple of days next week.

If he's off he needs to crack on, the media have been on about for 3 weeks.  Nice signing on fee for him, we have wages to pay.  He could have got games here soon, but if he believes he's to big a player for a club with a 25-26k attendance at 16, I look forward to seeing him get his three league cup games in three years at Liverpool then a move to Barnsley.  On we go with those that want to play here.

21 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

If he's off he needs to crack on, the media have been on about for 3 weeks.  Nice signing on fee for him, we have wages to pay.  He could have got games here soon, but if he believes he's to big a player for a club with a 25-26k attendance at 16, I look forward to seeing him get his three league cup games in three years at Liverpool then a move to Barnsley.  On we go with those that want to play here.

Don’t think he does think that. The club needs the money so think the decision will be made for him.

41 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

This just sounds bitter

7 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

This just sounds bitter

No. Peed off with hearing about it now- absolutely.  It's desperate stakes if the biggest thing surrounding the club this window is the future of a a player who's just got onto solids.  If he thinks he's better than a club were he's going to get plenty of games in front of a normally large support fine. Get on with it  . Go ahead - we get cash, he gets it, we pay wages and might get a loan in. He'll get games here but wants to jump that hoop and move to the next one thinking he's good enough at 16 to do it .He might be, but it's one in a hundred .All likelihood he gets swallowed at a bigger club with more resources and bigger fish and in a few years he'll be back in this league with little game time. 

16 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

No. Peed off with hearing about it now- absolutely.  It's desperate stakes if the biggest thing surrounding the club this window is the future of a a player who's just got onto solids.  If he thinks he's better than a club were he's going to get plenty of games in front of a normally large support fine. Get on with it  . Go ahead - we get cash, he gets it, we pay wages and might get a loan in. He'll get games here but wants to jump that hoop and move to the next one thinking he's good enough at 16 to do it .He might be, but it's one in a hundred .All likelihood he gets swallowed at a bigger club with more resources and bigger fish and in a few years he'll be back in this league with little game time. 

Or he knows the chances of making it are slim, so make hay while the sun shines.

Good luck to the lad.

7 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

This was what Mac was telling in the stands at QPR.  You’re not Steve are you?

9 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

I’m not emotionally invested in him. he’s not a fully fledged Ram. Won’t miss him at all

Potential at 16 doesn’t mean he’ll make it to the top level. If he makes it big then good luck to him.

cash in while we can, with a cut of any loan fees or sell ons 

I can understand people being frustrated when young players we've nurtured and brought though the ranks nick off at the first available opportunity, to be honest. Given Wazza has had him in the senior squad recently, the onward path is pretty clear if he stays, after all. He's signed as a scholar until he's 18, but we're told he's been offered a pre-contract which he's not signed. You'd like to see young players (under the guidance of their parents), sticking around for at least a single season at the club that is, in a major regard, responsible for their development, but it seems that is not the way it works these days. For me, that's a shame. I'd have dearly loved to see him stay but no doubt the big fish are offering to throw comparatively huge money at him and his parents and we clearly can't compete with that. 

For all of that, I hope Kaide prospers at Liverpool for several reasons; firstly, he seems to be a good kid and a likeable one at that. Secondly, we could always use the sell-on / add-on fees. And lastly, as a further testament to the excellence of our Academy set-up and another reminder that there are aspects of Mel Morris' tenure that some less gracious fans might appreciate a little more than they clearly do.

As much as I don’t think it’s the right move. I wish him luck. He might get more money short term but might not play first team football for 3-4 years. But like delap.  He would probably be our first choice striker right now. Wish him luck but the grass isn’t always greener and I hope it’s not an agent pushing through the move 

1 hour ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

I can understand people being frustrated when young players we've nurtured and brought though the ranks nick off at the first available opportunity, to be honest. Given Wazza has had him in the senior squad recently, the onward path is pretty clear if he stays, after all. He's signed as a scholar until he's 18, but we're told he's been offered a pre-contract which he's not signed. You'd like to see young players (under the guidance of their parents), sticking around for at least a single season at the club that is, in a major regard, responsible for their development, but it seems that is not the way it works these days. For me, that's a shame. I'd have dearly loved to see him stay but no doubt the big fish are offering to throw comparatively huge money at him and his parents and we clearly can't compete with that. 

For all of that, I hope Kaide prospers at Liverpool for several reasons; firstly, he seems to be a good kid and a likeable one at that. Secondly, we could always use the sell-on / add-on fees. And lastly, as a further testament to the excellence of our Academy set-up and another reminder that there are aspects of Mel Morris' tenure that some less gracious fans might appreciate a little more than they clearly do.

It has been a massive PR campaign by the club that has created the situation, they had bit of interest from a couple clubs months ago and have then set out to increase his worth by having him training with the 1st team and putting him in the squad.  The offer of a pro contract was to try to increase his value further. They have got exactly what they wanted which is to make some money out of him like they did with Delap. Not sure why you all seem to think that it is the lads with no loyalty to the club, at the end of the day Derby would sell anyone who will make them money.

2 minutes ago, Footymum2017 said:

...they had bit of interest from a couple clubs months ago and have then set out to increase his worth by having him training with the 1st team and putting him in the squad.  The offer of a pro contract was to try to increase his value further. 

It's a sign of our times unfortunately. We need money and he might provide it - if we have to lose him we may as well lose him for as much as we can get.

Surely he can go where he wants in the end? 

5 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

It's a sign of our times unfortunately. We need money and he might provide it - if we have to lose him we may as well lose him for as much as we can get.

Surely he can go where he wants in the end? 

The clubs have all the power at this age, he can only go somewhere if they let him, whereas if the club wants to sell him and he doesn’t want to go he hasn’t really got any say in it.

1 hour ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Parents probably as bad as the kid, oooh look he could pay our mortgage off in a few weeks. 

33 minutes ago, Footymum2017 said:

The clubs have all the power at this age, he can only go somewhere if they let him, whereas if the club wants to sell him and he doesn’t want to go he hasn’t really got any say in it.

If he's a scholar though surely he's indicated he want's to go.  If Derby can keep him till the end of that scholarship but he's decided he want's to go surely they get no money or reduced money at that point so have no choice but to cash in ?.  The club have offered him a contract so don't want him to go. ? 

1 hour ago, Footymum2017 said:

1 hour ago, Footymum2017 said:

It has been a massive PR campaign by the club that has created the situation, they had bit of interest from a couple clubs months ago and have then set out to increase his worth by having him training with the 1st team and putting him in the squad.  The offer of a pro contract was to try to increase his value further. They have got exactly what they wanted which is to make some money out of him like they did with Delap. Not sure why you all seem to think that it is the lads with no loyalty to the club, at the end of the day Derby would sell anyone who will make them money.

Ahem....

image.thumb.png.26a84408a3b3dcd67d7c3089494c72b4.png

Who posted this then? You seem to be more ITK on all things academy related by a stretch than anyone else on the forum and I'd say your November post is pretty unequivocal, yet if anyone else suggests the same you're all over it like a rash ?‍♀️ 

Edited by 86 Hair Islands

9 minutes ago, Footymum2017 said:

I did correct myself and say that it should have said sign not stay.  He was quite happy to stay at Derby and had decided to but then got told that if a better offer came in then Derby wouldn’t turn it down. 

OK, so I think this is pure semantics - can you qualify how not wishing to sign and not wishing to stay are so vastly different because unless my gasp of the English language is failing me, they amount to precisely the same thing, that being, no signature on the contract being offered.

The way you position it is as if the lad is being horse-traded but if he's refused to sign, why wouldn't the club look to cash in? I can't see any reason at all whereby a youth player would refuse a pre-contract unless he did not see his future being at the club in question. 

Edited by 86 Hair Islands