Kaide Gordon - signed for Liverpool

rynny

41 minutes ago, Whoneedshuls said:

If he’s that good he should be in the first team starting squad not making 5 minute cameos..

He's barely 16 years old and has been in the squad for the last 4 Championship matches. That alone suggests potential and Rooney will be the best person to decide if and when he's ready to be given more playing time - after all, he's coming from a position of knowing what it's like to be that age and introduced to the professional game.

16 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Did he at touch the ball in his cameos?

His only first team appearance to date has been as a substitute against Birmingham where he was brought on in the 89th minute. I think you can cut him a bit of slack if he didn't touch the ball in his one minute of senior football.

Just now, GenBr said:

His only first team appearance to date has been as a substitute against Birmingham where he was brought on in the 89th minute. I think you can cut him a bit of slack if he didn't touch the ball in his one minute of senior football.

He has all the slack in the world from me 

Devil's advocate here but perhaps part of his sale would include a possible loan in Derby's direction?

Rooney is clearly a fan of Phil Jones and would make sense. Sensible transfer fee for Kaide (~2 Mill) plus a sell on fee and a player on loan at substantially reduced wages would be a very smart move for all parties. 

5 minutes ago, RamLad1884 said:

Devil's advocate here but perhaps part of his sale would include a possible loan in Derby's direction?

Rooney is clearly a fan of Phil Jones and would make sense. Sensible transfer fee for Kaide (~2 Mill) plus a sell on fee and a player on loan at substantially reduced wages would be a very smart move for all parties. 

Good thought.

Plus united already willing to cover majority of his wages so maybe part of the Gordon deal is a low/no loan fee for Jones

Maybe we could get him for 30-35k a week with 32red covering half maybe?

Edited by DCFC1388

34 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

Good thought.

Plus united already willing to cover majority of his wages so maybe part of the Gordon deal is a low/no loan fee for Jones

Maybe we could get him for 30-35k a week with 32red covering half maybe?

Possible I suppose. Hard to know what he’s actually on at Manure. I’ve seen reports ranging from 75k to 135k a week!

10 minutes ago, Ramarena said:

Possible I suppose. Hard to know what he’s actually on at Manure. I’ve seen reports ranging from 75k to 135k a week!

Ive read they are willing to cover most of his wages, so if 32red can help then i guess that helps us

21 minutes ago, rammieib said:

Why on earth would 32 Red give us more money to cover Phil Jones wages in a Covid-era?

Agreed - 32 Red are almost certainly only interested in Rooney and the publicity that brings - hence the reason Wayne was given the squad number 32, Jones will be of no commercial benefit to them.

If we considered, even for one fleeting moment, to pay anything remotely near £30k pw to bring Phil Jones here on loan then we would need our bumps feeling - it would be financial madness after everything that's been done in bringing the wage bill down.

27 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

Agreed - 32 Red are almost certainly only interested in Rooney and the publicity that brings - hence the reason Wayne was given the squad number 32, Jones will be of no commercial benefit to them.

If we considered, even for one fleeting moment, to pay anything remotely near £30k pw to bring Phil Jones here on loan then we would need our bumps feeling - it would be financial madness after everything that's been done in bringing the wage bill down.

I guess it would all come down to the contract we have with 32red for a star player. Was it a one off? Ashley Cole nearly signed for us on it before he joined us on a free I think I read.

If we are permitted 1 star player at a time then now Rooney is manager it would be free to use again, I guess it all depends what criteria they have for a star player? Jones has 27 England caps, won the Prem, FA Cup & Europa League - would that qualify for it?

I do think Jones dropping down to the Championship to play under Rooney would get some decent publicity and the 32 number is available again ?

49 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

Indeed, given his injury struggles over the last few years it’d be madness to have the equivalent of 3-4 players wages tied up on the treatment table