Kaide Gordon - signed for Liverpool

rynny

21 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

He really doesn't need to be playing first team football right now. He turned 16 only in October.

Not sure where people get the idea that he needs first team football. What's the rush?

I imagine that would come from the player himself (& especially his advisors). Players are only one bad injury away from losing their edge & bad runs of form can strike at any time so sadly dont think a gradual introduction is an option if he's as good as the reported interest suggests.

24 minutes ago, QuitYourJibbaJivin said:

If we really think he’s that good I say start the lad today, show him that there’s first team Football for him here now. If he goes to Liverpool or United chances are Hel be playing academy football for another couple of years. 

We need 3 points firstly - can’t gamble from the beginning today 

On 16/01/2021 at 12:35, Abu Derby said:

£2m quoted on Sky. Scandalous if true. 
Bellingham went for mega money having only played a few first team games. 
Typical Derby County giveaway. 
When will we ever learn?

What on God's green earth has the Bellingham deal got to do with Kaide? One's a transfer fee, for a player who'd had a whole season of senior squad football, the other is compensation for a player whose not even signed a pro contract yet, hasn't started a single senior match and apparently doesn't want to sign for Derby anyway! Cheers Kaide by the way!

How can you possibly compare the two? There is literally nothing we can do about it.

52 minutes ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

What on God's green earth has the Bellingham deal got to do with Kaide? One's a transfer fee, for a player who'd had a whole season of senior squad football, the other is compensation for a player whose not even signed a pro contract yet, hasn't started a single senior match and apparently doesn't want to sign for Derby anyway! Cheers Kaide by the way!

How can you possibly compare the two? There is literally nothing we can do about it.

Really? He said that?

15 minutes ago, Philmycock said:

Really? He said that?

Our resident youth ITK has said as much. I've said apparently because I can't confirm it myself but she's been bang on the money about literally everything else. Pretty certain her lad's at the one of our Academy kids. Sucks huh! First Liam Delap, now Kaide ?

1 minute ago, hintonsboots said:

Opening bid I would think.

Well they also said we value him at £2m.

If that’s true I would imagine there would be a hefty sell on percentage as well. I know a lot is said about is buying high, selling cheap, but we haven’t been in the position of being able to start a bidding war. 

Sounds like a number of clubs are in for him. 

As well as a sell on fee I'd want a cut of any loan fees received for him in the next few years. If he's as good as people say he is whichever club he goes to will be getting some pretty hefty loan fees for him while he develops. Loan fees are a nice earner for Prem clubs these days. For example, Liverpool must have made a tidy sum on loaning Harry Wilson out in the last four years (to Hull, us, Bournemouth and now Cardiff). It'd be nice to get a cut of that too, if possible.