Kaide Gordon - signed for Liverpool

rynny

Looking back at the 'news' when he made the first team squad, there were rumblings that he was unlikely to sign pro terms with Derby as some very big clubs had him in their sights. I get the feeling that the lad would have moved on this month regardless of the current situation.

As people have pointed out, there is a compensation mechanism for young players developed with a Cat1 Academy but if we can drum up a bit of competition - Liverpool, Man United, Dortmund, etc - then a fee may well be gleaned of higher amount. Though, of course, the player himself (or more likely his agent) might have their own thoughts of where to go.

The sad thing is that, if this lad is as good as people say, then he's going to make a very good living out of the game and no doubt play for big teams during his career. If he goes now, he will be swallowed up in a sea of other top talent and probably not see the light of day for three years. If he stayed and signed pro with Derby, most likely he'd have 100 first team appearances to his name by then and STILL have the pick of the wealthiest suitors.

Hey ho.

Edited by StarterForTen
spelling

12 minutes ago, StarterForTen said:

Looking back at the 'news' when he made the first team squad, there were rumblings that he was unlikely to sign pro terms with Derby as some very big clubs had him in their sights. I get the feeling that the lad would have moved on this month regardless of the current situation.

As people have pointed out, there is a compensation mechanism for young players developed with a Cat1 Academy but if we can drum up a bit of competition - Liverpool, Man United, Dortmund, etc - then a fee may well be gleaned of higher amount. Though, of course, the player himself (or more likely his agent) might have their own thoughts of where to go.

The sad thing is that, if this lad is as good as people say, then he's going to make a very good living out of the game and no doubt play for big teams during his career. If he goes now, he will be swallowed up in a sea of other top talent and probably not see the light of day for three years. If he stayed and signed pro with Derby, most likely he'd have 100 first team appearances to his name by then and STILL have the pick of the wealthiest suitors.

Hey ho.

Agree he should stay where he has the best chance of first team football as soon as possible but for him the allure of playing for a big club and a contract worth several thousand a week are most likely being offered to him already.

I'd also say - how many players like this actually go on and become future stars - 1 in 50? 1 in 100? Not that many go on to become, lets say an England International.

According to the Derby Telegraph, he will command significant compensation because the club developed him . Also saying that the club thinking of £multi million fee.

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/Derby-county-manchester-united-liverpool-4891046

Edited by Arsene Titman
Correction

I wouldn't be too down on this. At 16 his career could still go either way. This is how the top clubs scoop up the best talent, they scoop up all the talent and some of them become stars. They offer fees to clubs like us which are more appealing than the gamble that he will be good. Similar to Delap. Moreover, if he does become world class we will get a fee down the line - there's a cap on how much we could sell him for in two years time simply because we are in the championship and he can only develop so far. Its also an excellent opportunity for the lad himself to develop under the best coaches in the world with the best facilities in the world. 

And we're skint. 

Its a shame we wont get to see him , also you have to feel that the current mess we are in wont endear him to him staying . 

But if he has to go i would like to know what future sell on clauses or potential extras we are likely to get before being happy about it . 

Edited by NottsRammy

38 minutes ago, NorwichExile said:

As soon as he appeared in the squad I assumed he was out the door. We can demand more money for him at tribunal if he looks like he's in and around the first team picture. Shame to see young talent poached, but that's the way it is ?‍♂️

I expect he might be on the bench tomorrow , more appearances he makes maybe we can ask for more money

3 minutes ago, SFox1993 said:

I expect he might be on the bench tomorrow , more appearances he makes maybe we can ask for more money

Think he needs to pay over 10 games for the next price banding so he wont play 10 more before he potentially leaves this window. Not sure the club would risk him getting an injury?