Kaide Gordon - signed for Liverpool

rynny

No idea how these things work if he’s not a professional. If he is ‘the best 16 year old in the country’ Birmingham sold Bellingham for 25million when just a bit older. Granted he’d had many games in the first team, but just shows again how we really don’t make the most of our acdemy products. 

Considering we supposedly have a great academy- we never get game changing fees that others do. 

23 minutes ago, YouRams said:

If he’s that highly thought of, and we’re due to be taken over surely you need to keep hold of these players? If him Knight and Sibley do go who pockets the money, MM making some back or does it go to club/ new owners? 

The players and whoever else we desperately need to pay will pocket the cash. We won't be getting mega bucks for Gordon, but if we get anything significant for Knight or Sibley I'd like to think that money would be in Derby Countys accounts ready to cover our bills until the end of the season.

2 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Thought he might be one we’re looking at selling to raise the funds to keep the club afloat. It’ll be devastating to lose a player so highly regarded before we even get to see him play, but needs much in our current situation. There’s not much you can do when players his age want to leave anyway, even at the best of times, which is incredibly disappointing. Just hope to goodness we manage to get a decent fee for him. Guess we’ll find out in a couple of weeks...

One day we might have a bumper payday at Derby County when the likes of Delap and Gordon get sold on for tens of millions and if we still exist on that day we might finally get our promotion (you can choose which league we are getting promoted to)

2 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

I'm assuming Holmes amd te Wierik leaving means we have wages covered for a couple of months, whereas Gordon leaving means we can refund ST holders

That still makes me question a few things;

1. Is that a contingency plan for if the takeover doesn’t go through

2. Do we have to balance books through asset sales to conform with FFP or cover a potential fine with the ongoing EFL stuff, rather than a new owner being able to cover those debts 

3 minutes ago, GenBr said:

The players and whoever else we desperately need to pay will pocket the cash. We won't be getting mega bucks for Gordon, but if we get anything significant for Knight or Sibley I'd like to think that money would be in Derby Countys accounts ready to cover our bills until the end of the season.

One day we might have a bumper payday at Derby County when the likes of Delap and Gordon get sold on for tens of millions and if we still exist on that day we might finally get our promotion (you can choose which league we are getting promoted to)

Imagine a world where Derby don’t sell their best players for peanuts. Given my time watching the Rams, I’m not sure what’s harder to envisage - us getting promoted, or us getting a fair fee for one of our youngsters!

He has made 1 brief sub appearance for the first team, who knows how he will progress in the next few years whether with us or someone else. But I have no issue selling a youngster which wont impact our current 1st team for 1m+ 

Didnt someone work out that based on how long he has been with us for etc we would be owed 1.2m for him due to him not being on a professional contract.

If he does turn out to be as good as he is meant to be then we will see future benefit with the clauses in the deal whether they are appearance, performance or transfer based.

Pretty sure a move to United was confirmed as being done a while a go on Twitter so who knows how new this news is.

Edited by DCFC1388

In my opinion we won't be selling him to "balance the books" or to pay wages. The sale of Gordon and any other outgoings is to give us financial space to play within FFP. At the moment we have little wiggle room, especially with COVID. 

If this goes through along with the sale of others, it means the owners have a few incomings planned that they need to clear up money for.

If Kaide Gordon is truly the best 16 year old in the country and he knew it then he probably wouldn't sign for us on pro terms anyway. At least we'd get a fee for him now.

I think it’s a stupid move if he leaves tbh. Derby is a club known for helping younger players and progressing careers. Said the same with delap. Delap would probably be our starting striker right now but he’s at city’s u23s. Admittedly doing very well. I’d only advise kaide to leave if he seriously thinks he’ll get into uniteds team this time next year. Realistically he won’t. But he could stay here and do well and become a regular and then doing a Jude Bellingham and be earning big money moves. Ultimately it’s up to kaide to decide. He’s already made his debut and Rooney has publicly said he’s class. Will he progress more at a top 6 clubs u23s side or a team in the championship? Only he will decide. 

As he made an appearance against Birmingham would that not have triggered a pro contract,therefore giving him a higher saleable value. Seem to think Mac was quite keen to get him on the pitch.

Some ITK have been saying United have been after him for sometime,so it's no secret he has admirers.

We signed Bogle and JML from Swindon Town's academy. Unfortunately it's football. Swindon will have done well with the sell on fee and if we don't sell ourselves short i'm sure we will to.

1 minute ago, Charlie George said:

As he made an appearance against Birmingham would that not have triggered a pro contract,therefore giving him a higher saleable value. Seem to think Mac was quite keen to get him on the pitch.

Some ITK have been saying United have been after him for sometime,so it's no secret he has admirers.

We signed Bogle and JML from Swindon Town's academy. Unfortunately it's football. Swindon will have done well with the sell on fee and if we don't sell ourselves short i'm sure we will to.

Gives us slightly more compo if they play for the first team

31 minutes ago, Big Trav said:

I think it’s a stupid move if he leaves tbh. Derby is a club known for helping younger players and progressing careers. Said the same with delap. Delap would probably be our starting striker right now but he’s at city’s u23s. Admittedly doing very well. I’d only advise kaide to leave if he seriously thinks he’ll get into uniteds team this time next year. Realistically he won’t. But he could stay here and do well and become a regular and then doing a Jude Bellingham and be earning big money moves. Ultimately it’s up to kaide to decide. He’s already made his debut and Rooney has publicly said he’s class. Will he progress more at a top 6 clubs u23s side or a team in the championship? Only he will decide. 

Wherever he goes get loaned out to a championship club to get game time and experience no doubt

1 hour ago, Mostyn6 said:

Let’s not get too carried away! Mason Bennett was deemed world class at 16

It was also suggested that he wasn’t allowed to play a couple of games when he was 15 because he had to do his homework. I am telling you now, there is no chance in hell that boy ever did any homework. I would be surprised if he attended school.

So many wunderkids at a young age don't go on to fulfil their potential. If we can get money for him (despite what @RoyMac5suggests - you see we do listen!) then I don't think it's the end of the world to move him on. Same with selling the likes of Luke Thomas. Try  to encourage a bidding war for a much sought after youngster and move on, if it lets us keep some of the other youngsters who are further on so we're surer of their development.