Duane Holmes - signed for Huddersfield

Never had Holmes down as a shirker. Worked his way up though the leagues through graft and a good attitude. Always comes across well to.

Perhaps he's just about miffed about not going paid for the second succesive month and like many doesn't believe anything else coming out through the clubs PR machine and wants away. Can't blame him.

I get the impression Holmes is one of those footballers that doesn’t really enjoy being a footballer, but it’s his best career option.

Has plenty of ability but will never progress as he’s just not 100% in it.

9 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Not sure what’s happened to Holmes. At the start of the season he was my first choice to partner Bielik in central midfield...

I think he would have been really useful sitting on Bielik's shoulders when get a corner or an attacking free kick.

All the best to him. I’d imagine like others have mentioned, perhaps he’s a bit bemused about how this season has turned out, both on and off the pitch.

I really do believe that players should reserve the right to walk out on their contract should payments get missed as there is no excuse for it. The fee will hopefully see us survive a little bit longer whilst we continue to get strung along by the takeover talk. 

Just now, Ambitious said:

I really do believe that players should reserve the right to walk out on their contract should payments get missed as there is no excuse for it.

What's his excuse for not putting out in training then?