NHL Season starts

RadioactiveWaste

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 14/01/2021 at 16:27, dabber said:

Are you a Philly fan RW?

For my sins I follow the Ottawa Senators and our endless rebuild!

No, my sister who lives in the states is a massive Pittsburgh Penguins fan (so i've kinda become one), and Philly v pitts is a big deal for them (and the pens lost both matches). Pens got a win eventually against Washington caps yeaterday, but are not looking great this season. I've also got friends in Canada but they're out west in the Edmonton-Calgary region.

I do however enjoy Gritty as one of the more nuts sports mascots and "It's always sunny in Philladelphia" makes me kind of like Philly. Philly are going to be a good team this season. Pens are seriously not what they were a few years ago.

Penguins have had a great run with Sid and Gino, but are aging now and in a tough division this year. Philly is a great sporting city, the story goes they even booed Santa Claus one year! Gritty is out in left field but everyone seems to love him / it!

Great to have the NHL back as a distraction from lockdown, hope all stay safe until the vaccine takes effect

5 hours ago, dabber said:

Penguins have had a great run with Sid and Gino, but are aging now and in a tough division this year. Philly is a great sporting city, the story goes they even booed Santa Claus one year! Gritty is out in left field but everyone seems to love him / it!

Great to have the NHL back as a distraction from lockdown, hope all stay safe until the vaccine takes effect

Not only did they boo santa, they threw snowballs at him.... when they won the superbowl they had to grease all the telegraph poles to stop the fans climbing up them hammered and falling off.

• 1 month later...
On 18/01/2021 at 15:27, dabber said:

yeah our division is brutal now the Bruins have come to play with the metropolitan sides... 

2 hours ago, Roots Manuva said:

JGP has been a breath of fresh air, worth the 1st rounder..big fan!

not sure we're going to be forced into making more trades with Barry & Lou navigating the cap, still need to free up space for Barzal's next payday.

Glad JGP is working out, we loved him here in Ottawa, but we wouldn't have paid him 6 x $5M. The first rounder we got looks very promising and the 2nd rounder enabled us to move up in the draft and get a defender who also looks good.

Barzal is OK for a few more years and only a RFA then so you are in good shape for win now mode

• 2 weeks later...

Archived