Who are we going to support in 6 months time then?

Bubbles

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, Ramslad1992 said:

More importantly what Internet forum are we all going to go to?! 

AA5DAF45-F846-415E-B052-43891C778269.jpeg

Good point. Do we need a gofund page to replace the revenue @Davidhas been banking from the club over the last few years?

I wonder how much wage debt he could cover if he gave it back?!

If anyone is looking for an 'out', then just go.

Derby County will always be around in one form or another, administration or not. The majority of us will still support them through thick and thin, sure we'll moan a bit, ok a lot, we'll curse a bit, ok a lot, but we'll always be there, well when we're allowed back in, whatever the weather, well so long as it's not too cold, however far we have to travel, well within limits, of course.

Anyway, my point is.....what is my point? Oh yeah....

We are - and always will be - Derby County. COYR ?

We're acting like we're the first team to ever be in this kind of position.

Plenty have before, some of those enjoying successful spells in their history. Realistically it would mean short-term suffering for the community, the staff and the fans. It's incredibly unlikely that it would mean the end of 136 years as a club though.

Must be missing something here but the chances of the club disappearing are very very low.

Assuming Mel can't fund the club & the takeover is finally revealed as a sham (with no other buyer in the wings), the most likely route is administration - whereby the accountants come in & run the club for however long it takes to put it on a sound financial footing & then find a buyer. Yes, it would mean a firesale of players, a points deduction & certain relegation but after all the cost cutting, there'd be no shortage of buyers. The key unknown is the Dell Group, the charges they hold over club property & their interest in the club as a whole - they could be another potential buyer/new owner by proxy.

My hunch on today's news is that its last minute brinkmanship from Mel. He's been mucked around by the Fake Sheikh for long enough & in signalling an inability to cover wages, is both highlighting to other serious buyers that an opportunity is here & also publicly destroying any remaining credibility the BZG Group have in light of criticism mostly aimed at him for this takeover not going through.

35 minutes ago, LeedsCityRam said:

He's been mucked around by the Fake Sheikh for long enough & in signalling an inability to cover wages, is both highlighting to other serious buyers that an opportunity is here & also publicly destroying any remaining credibility the BZG Group have in light of criticism mostly aimed at him for this takeover not going through.

I just don't understand why the BZG would let this fake takeover go on for so long, what do they get out of it?

5 minutes ago, Rammy03 said:

I just don't understand why the BZG would let this fake takeover go on for so long, what do they get out of it?

I don't think they've done it deliberately - its more that some of the investor funds that were promised from the outset of the initial bid have since dropped out. May in part be the changed global conditions, may be just timewasters at their end. Reality is BZG Group are a UAE version of GSE & without those wealthy backers, their bid becomes meaningless. The delay has probably come from them urgently seeking replacement investors - not a good time to enlist people to fund a loss-making second tier English football club though.

Whilst not evidence, there was a tweet put out by a BBC freelance journalist Sal Hafeez about a month ago saying that rumours in UAE suggested BZG had lost some investors (Hafeez was interviewed by the Ramswriter Podcast back in November giving some background on BZG and clearly knows them & the UAE business space)

13 minutes ago, LeedsCityRam said:

I don't think they've done it deliberately - its more that some of the investor funds that were promised from the outset of the initial bid have since dropped out. May in part be the changed global conditions, may be just timewasters at their end. Reality is BZG Group are a UAE version of GSE & without those wealthy backers, their bid becomes meaningless. The delay has probably come from them urgently seeking replacement investors - not a good time to enlist people to fund a loss-making second tier English football club though.

Whilst not evidence, there was a tweet put out by a BBC freelance journalist Sal Hafeez about a month ago saying that rumours in UAE suggested BZG had lost some investors (Hafeez was interviewed by the Ramswriter Podcast back in November giving some background on BZG and clearly knows them & the UAE business space)

There you go, just being rational, calm and posting something sensible.

Can't you just be like everyone else?tantrum.gif.0790b7be0d34d11bc41a8c4d3cff37d5.gif

The cost of opening up a new company (Derventio Holdings), paying lawyers etc. It seems crazy, that a person would do all this and end up pulling out and making a loss in his bank account. I just don't get it and hopefully we might all be wrong and come the end of this week we are back on a sound basis having been all sorted.

Archived