Shame on Steve smith

kevinhectoring

7 hours ago, Albert said:

So it seems you're the one who doesn't get the point. There's no reason to think that Smith was doing anything for 'gamesmanship' at all, it's just a thing he does. It was during a drinks break, the groundsmen had already swept and repainted, and Pant would later retake guard. He literally did it in front of the opposition players with the umpire watching him, and it's something he does several times a day, and there was never an advantage to be gained in marking centre. 

The only difference is a feed happened to be showing that cam somewhere, and people, not knowing Smith, commented, leading to the peanut gallery getting involved. 

Equally, it's unusual that Smith gets so tarred by one incident. Guess if you need to tar someone, making a mountain out of this kind of molehill is all you've got. 

Albert trying to defend a self confessed pisstaker to a bunch of pommes is always going to be an uphill task obviously the standards of English cricketing etiquette are much superior to the underhand way the Aussies wish to conduct themselves. Anyway I am not going to bite to any more of your sledging. Hopefully getting to Rad City next December I'll meet you for a cool one and we'll carry on the discussion then 

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, SIXTEEN AGAIN said:

Albert trying to defend a self confessed pisstaker to a bunch of pommes is always going to be an uphill task obviously the standards of English cricketing etiquette are much superior to the underhand way the Aussies wish to conduct themselves. Anyway I am not going to bite to any more of your sledging. Hopefully getting to Rad City next December I'll meet you for a cool one and we'll carry on the discussion then 

Ah yes, English cricketing etiquette... 

Let's hope you'll be able to come over here for that Test. I'm still not convinced that we'll be that close to normalcy by then, but I hope so. 

16 hours ago, Albert said:

Let's hope you'll be able to come over here for that Test. I'm still not convinced that we'll be that close to normalcy by then, but I hope so. 

I see Smith has been defended by the worst cheat in Cricket, Justin Langer. 

20 hours ago, Albert said:

We are hoping to come for 2-4 and the one dayers, but i have a feeling you maybe right.

Archived