Shame on Steve smith

kevinhectoring

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
32 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

So sad. Such an amazing batsman and seemed to have rehabilitated himself after the ball tampering scandal. And yesterday he is shown on camera once again to be a cheat through and through. An insult to his god given talents 

He is an absolutely vile person, a total cheat.....and shouldnt be playing ever again.

That press conference he did still rankles me as one of the fakest things I have ever seen on TV..

1 hour ago, Don't Panic said:

Think OP was referring to Steve Smith seen on camera scuffing the batting crease to remove Rishabh Pant's guard marks during India’s Third Test.

Wasn’t he rubbing off the out going’s Batman’s marks?

I truly don’t know, I assumed so, if it’s not then that’s different I’d assume?

1 hour ago, Mostyn6 said:

Please elaborate @kevinhectoring

Yeah as @Don't Panic says: Day 5 of the 3rd test against India. SCG. India without Kohli valiantly battled for a draw against the odds, amazing given the quality of the Aussie quicks plus Lyon and given SCGs reputation as a dodgy day 5 pitch. Pant batted v well despite being dropped early on. At one stage the stump cam shows smith scuffing the crease with his spikes in an attempt to erase Pant’s guard mark. Very sad to see a genius so flawed.

a ray of sunlight is this new Indian guy Gill who looks unbelievable  

2 hours ago, MuespachRam said:

That press conference he did still rankles me as one of the fakest things I have ever seen on TV..

Well he fooled me. His Dad there an’ all. I’d wager his remorse was genuine but he’s just not quite got enough moral fibre to resist further temptations. A great shame. 

the odd thing is that when footballers score goals with their hands or bite other players, swear at the ref or dive, it all sort of gets lost in the sorry culture of the beautiful game. With cricket these things are iconoclastic 

1 hour ago, Boycie said:

Didn’t see it live and not shown on BT highlights so going from the utube repeats and the barrage of abuse from Vaughn, Bumble, Gough, Hogg etc. Did they get it wrong? 

1 hour ago, Boycie said:

6 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

Didn’t see it live and not shown on BT highlights so going from the utube repeats and the barrage of abuse from Vaughn, Bumble, Gough, Hogg etc. Did they get it wrong? 

It was done during the drinks break, you can see here Pant having to redo it. 

Honestly, just looks like Steve Smith weirdness. He has a lot of eccentricities around his batting, and it looks like he came in to do some shadow batting, looking at the pitch. He could well have just been absent mindedly going through his routine. There's was no possible advantage to be gained scrubbing off marks, particularly given it was a drinks break. 

Probably a good thing this talk is happening now too though, as hopefully it'll keep talk of him being named captain again post Paine down. 

13 minutes ago, Albert said:

Honestly, just looks like Steve Smith weirdness. He has a lot of eccentricities around his batting, and it looks like he came in to do some shadow batting, looking at the pitch. He could well have just been absent mindedly going through his routine. There's was no possible advantage to be gained scrubbing off marks, particularly given it was a drinks break. 

Probably a good thing this talk is happening now too though, as hopefully it'll keep talk of him being named captain again post Paine down. 

you are a more charitable fellow than I am Albert 

17 minutes ago, Albert said:

There is an advantage. Unsettles the batsmen. Batting is 90% in the head once you get to that level.

1 hour ago, Albert said:

I'm sorry but that is rubbish. First why would he be shadow batting on the fifth day, during the fourth innings? Second since when has he been left handed? Third, as @sage said, it is to unsettle Pant, the pitch wasn't what it normally is on the 5th day at the SCG, nothing in it for the bowlers. Hmm seems eerily similar to sandpaper-gate... 

Archived