Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Battlestar Galactica: Sunday tea-time. We used to have 2 TV aerials - Yorkshire and Central & they had the show at different times - so I used to be able to watch an episode in one room & then go to another and watch another one, yay!.

Thunderbirds

Terrahawks

Battle of the planets

Dangermouse

Count Duckula

Round the twist

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/01/2021 at 18:27, Wolfie20 said:

Bet not many remember Watch With Mother. Not sure of which specific days they were on but there was Picture Book, Rag, Tag & Bobtail, The Woodentops, Bill & Ben The Flowerpot Men and Andy Pandy (with Loobyloo). 

A real fan would remember which day they were on 😁

Monday: Picture Book

Tuesday: Andy Pandy

Wed: Flower pot men--my favourite

Thurs: Rag Tag Bobtail-- never liked that much

Fri: Wooden Tops

Seem to remember a woman with a dancing lamb on a piano, maybe a different era!

Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, FindernRam said:

A real fan would remember which day they were on 😁

Monday: Picture Book

Tuesday: Andy Pandy

Wed: Flower pot men--my favourite

Thurs: Rag Tag Bobtail-- never liked that much

Fri: Wooden Tops

Seem to remember a woman with a dancing lamb on a piano, maybe a different era!

Wasn't the dancing lamb called lamb chop? Very vague memories, but maybe subconsciously it set me up for a life of disappointment following the rams.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Wolfie said:

Battlestar Galactica: Sunday tea-time. We used to have 2 TV aerials - Yorkshire and Central & they had the show at different times - so I used to be able to watch an episode in one room & then go to another and watch another one, yay!.

Thunderbirds

Terrahawks

Battle of the planets

Dangermouse

Count Duckula

Round the twist

Two televisions? Impressive, your majesty.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Mucker1884 said:

Only just/Very Vaguely.

The title certainly, but I couldn't recall any plots and/or character names.  (They'd probably ring a bell if I was told, but I couldn't come up with them myself.)
I might be just a tad too young?  (b. Jan 63)

The Virginian was at its peak around the time you were born so unless you were a particularly precocious baby you missed the best episodes. All the episodes in those days were film length and the cast included top actors. By the end of the 60s the TV companies were turning away from Westerns. One of the top executives ordered that no shows should be set in the countryside because the advertisers didn't like people who lived in the countryside. Apparently, they didn't buy much. Alias Smith and Jones was one of the few western shows that started after the 1960s but that was more of a comedy show than a Western.  It was a Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid spinoff. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Sure some of these have been mentioned already but here goes - 

Let's Pretend

Rainbow

Chock-a-block

The Flumps

The Wombles

Muppet Babies

Jamie & His Magic Torch

Sports Billy

Thundercats

He-Man

Mask

Dog-Tanyan & The 3 Muskahounds

Around the World in 80 Days with Phylius Fogg

Bravestar

Centurions

Bill & Ted's Excellent Cartoon

Galaxy Rangers

Animaniacs

Knight Rider

The A Team

Street Hawk

Airwolf

Byker Grove

Grange Hill

Jossy's Giants

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Wolfie said:

Battlestar Galactica: Sunday tea-time. We used to have 2 TV aerials - Yorkshire and Central & they had the show at different times - so I used to be able to watch an episode in one room & then go to another and watch another one, yay!.

Thunderbirds

Terrahawks

Battle of the planets

Dangermouse

Count Duckula

Round the twist

Cartoon Yes GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, ramsbottom said:

Sure some of these have been mentioned already but here goes - 

Let's Pretend

Rainbow

Chock-a-block

The Flumps

The Wombles

Muppet Babies

Jamie & His Magic Torch

Sports Billy

Thundercats

He-Man

Mask

Dog-Tanyan & The 3 Muskahounds

Around the World in 80 Days with Phylius Fogg

Bravestar

Centurions

Bill & Ted's Excellent Cartoon

Galaxy Rangers

Animaniacs

Knight Rider

The A Team

Street Hawk

Airwolf

Byker Grove

Grange Hill

Jossy's Giants

 

 

Thought you were older than that   😉

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.