Transfer embargo

Derbados

Confined by both Nicholson and Percy, club is currently under a transfer embargo for failing to pay players wages. 

Wonder how that has affected targets etc we may have already lost out on our top priorities. 

again, absolutely astonishingly poor from the club, wonder what Wayne makes of it all? 

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Derbados said:

Confined by both Nicholson and Percy, club is currently under a transfer embargo for failing to pay players wages. 

Wonder how that has affected targets etc we may have already lost out on our top priorities. 

again, absolutely astonishingly poor from the club, wonder what Wayne makes of it all? 

You get to what you think must be the lowest point and then somehow we sink lower. Worrying times...

1 minute ago, Jimbo Ram said:

You get to what you think must be the lowest point and then somehow we sink lower. Worrying times...

These are not worrying times or the lowest point those came in the early 1980’s under Mike Wattersons tenure (although not really of his making ) and the end of Maxwells. It’s pretty clear that the wages will be paid next week either by Mel or the new owners if they takeover finally goes through as announced  per John Percy’s tweet .My opinion as a fan since 1970 others may choose to disagree 

I know a lot of people said Cocu could have justifiably walked multiple times during his tenure, but aren't we reaching that point with Wayne?

Not allowed to make any signings (so far) in his first ever transfer window as a manager because we failed to pay wages. No certainty whatsoever regarding the takeover, which is becoming embarrassing for him whenever he's asked about it.

I'm not trying to slate the club, but I certainly wouldn't begrudge Rooney for walking. His stock is probably higher now than it was before he took the reins, and he's having to deal with a load more poo than any rookie manager should expect to put up with.

21 minutes ago, Ramarena said:

Starting to look a bit of a mess isn’t it!

The embargo is lifted when players are paid. But this isn’t how I would like to see our club operate, takeover or no takeover!

Are we possibly in a soft embargo pending the result of the efl appeal

41 minutes ago, Carnero said:

Didn't we already know this, failing to pay the players on time results in an immediate transfer embargo under EFL rules.

Course we did but John Percy has temporarily taken the wind out of certain posters' sails with his tweet this afternoon so it's important to find another stick to beat Mel Morris with in the meantime! 

I love a few mixed metaphors. 

27 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

I know a lot of people said Cocu could have justifiably walked multiple times during his tenure, but aren't we reaching that point with Wayne?

Not allowed to make any signings (so far) in his first ever transfer window as a manager because we failed to pay wages. No certainty whatsoever regarding the takeover, which is becoming embarrassing for him whenever he's asked about it.

I'm not trying to slate the club, but I certainly wouldn't begrudge Rooney for walking. His stock is probably higher now than it was before he took the reins, and he's having to deal with a load more poo than any rookie manager should expect to put up with.

Learning curve - this is a real football club 

26 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

I mentioned in the Abu Derby thread that the Club must be very confident this will go through to keep peddling the "imminent" line through to Percy. It's a huge risk simply giving Derventio the benefit of the doubt whilst we remain under an embargo pending on their ownership of the club, then we could potentially throw away an important opportunity to bring in reinforcements to get us out of relegation trouble.

When Wayne was appointed on an interim basis, there was a lot of talk about the risks we were taking in giving him the job. Now it seems that Rooney could be the one taking the risk. If we cling on to this takeover and it falls through and never happens and January passes, we're only one or two key injuries away from probably going down. WR taking us down would not be a good way to start his rookie managerial career would it?

3 minutes ago, Kernow said:

I mentioned in the Abu Derby thread that the Club must be very confident this will go through to keep peddling the "imminent" line through to Percy. It's a huge risk simply giving Derventio the benefit of the doubt

This.

Either the people in charge of the sale are incredibly naive or they've been shown sufficient evidence of the funds being sent. You'd imagine, and you'd hope, that it's the latter.

The whole situation is an absolute farce. I wouldn’t blame Rooney or any of the players for walking away from this circus. 

To be honest, this whole takeover absolutely stinks. The ridiculous number of delays, the constant excuses, and the misinformation given to the media, players and staff about deadlines etc. All make for very worrying signs about how this lot will be going about their business. Even if this takeover goes through, which I’m still certain it won’t, I’d remain extremely concerned about the future of our club.

9 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

This.

Either the people in charge of the sale are incredibly naive or they've been shown sufficient evidence of the funds being sent. You'd imagine, and you'd hope, that it's the latter.

I genuinely don't think it would be possible for the future of a professional football club to rest on the purely the word of a prospective buyer. That would be extreme, extreme neglect. If they've been given proof which is false or doctored, then it's harder to blame the club however it's still a risk to just keep refreshing your bank account waiting for the balance to go up.

Archived