Weather

Malagaram

I know it is cold in the uk,but can you beat this -36.3 C,a new record in Spain,at a weather station in Leon,and 2 feet of snow in Madrid.Near to where I live a couple were swept away when trying to cross a river.We have had 3 days continuous rain,and a 24 hour power cut,its not all sunshine here.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, Malagaram said:

I know it is cold in the uk,but can you beat this -36.3 C,a new record in Spain,at a weather station in Leon,and 2 feet of snow in Madrid.Near to where I live a couple were swept away when trying to cross a river.We have had 3 days continuous rain,and a 24 hour power cut,its not all sunshine here.

Tell me, all this rain, was it mainly on the plain?

Apparently (I can't confirm) they had snow on the sea front at Southend the other day.  It's a rarity, apparently.

I was there building the SeaLife Centre back in Jan '93, and they had snow for the first time since I was born... 30 years previously!
I spent the evening of my 30th in a crappy chalet on Canvey Island, with three other guys, after getting my rushed birthday wishes from home... before the pips went!  ?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived