Derby County vs Rotherham (in theory)

cannable

Probably the best team we could put out.

Wags for Sibbo the only real selection that could be contested, but we don’t know who’s 100% and who’s not.

Knight being handed the captaincy is a big sign of confidence in the young lad. It’s fully deserved, I just hope it doesn’t put too much pressure on him.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, TomTom92 said:

Starting XI as good as we can hope for other than Marshall who’s ill. That bench is so weak, ok if we’re winning by a couple but if we need to bring someone on to change the match then it’s Sibley or bust.

The stage is set for Kaide Gordon

1 minute ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Let’s hope he doesn’t have too much to do. The lack of quality on the bench highlights that we lack depth and need 2 or 3 additions to the squad.

Doesn’t help that we signed Ibe to contest the wing positions and he’s proven to be a very poor signing. Not sure what’s happened to Lawrence, thought his injury wasn’t that serious..maybe on the move? 

Disappointing Sibley is dropped. I feel he offers more attacking threat than Waghorn. 

Lawrence still injured otherwise assuming it looks like Holmes and Te Wierik are gone, this is as strong as our bench will get.

I think seeing Ibe play is as likely as a Sheikh takeover!

Very pleased to see Knight as Captain, leads by example anyway

I am surprised to see JML make the squad, being honest I don't really expect him to amount to much. Had multiple loan spells and never achieved alot. Very happy to be proven wrong though!

I cancelled my RamsTV sub due to change in circumstance so this is the last month I'll be able to watch Derby games for a while. We better have a good month *shakes fist*.

It will also be interesting to see what kind of impact Sibley and Whittaker have coming off the bench.

I think it underlines that we need to sign a winger, with question marks over Ibe and Waghorn’s contract running down.

With Lawrence out, our attacking threat looks sparse.

No complaints with the line up.

Since the start of the season Rooney has retired, Sibley hasn't featured a lot, Waghorn has been disappointing, Ibe just hasn't materialised, Holmes' form has dropped off a clif.... no Lawrence...so looking at that bench we are really lacking creativity, goals and any depth. 

Signing a forward must be a priority. 

4 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Roos
Byrne   Wisdom   Clarke   Buchanan
Knight   Bielik   Shinnie
Waghorn   Kazim   Jozwiak

Subs: Foster, McDonald, Forsyth, Evans, Bird, Sibley, Whittaker, Mitchell-Lawson, Gordon

With Holmes and Dutch Mike leaving, Lawrence and Marshall are the only senior players missing? Wow our squad is thread bare these days. 

Just Remembered Davies and Ibe, doesn’t look like Wel be able to rely on the latter for a while though.  

1 minute ago, Shuff264 said:

Very pleased to see Knight as Captain, leads by example anyway

I am surprised to see JML make the squad, being honest I don't really expect him to amount to much. Had multiple loan spells and never achieved alot. Very happy to be proven wrong though!

To be honest, it was either JML or Trialist in the squad. I'm guessing the latter is either on the way out or injured/ill. Stretton still injured as well?

1 minute ago, Jourdan said:

It will also be interesting to see what kind of impact Sibley and Whittaker have coming off the bench.

I think it underlines that we need to sign a winger, with question marks over Ibe and Waghorn’s contract running down.

With Lawrence out, our attacking threat looks sparse.

Josh Sims on loan from Southampton would fit right in , had a good spell with Doncaster , just been recalled

Archived