Jump to content

Derby County vs Rotherham (in theory)


Recommended Posts

On 10/01/2021 at 01:33, cannable said:

Well, I’m not even sure if this game will go ahead, I’m not sure of the Covid+ timings, but here we are. 

No fancy stats from me, but my current thoughts on Derby are as follows.

I think CKR is brilliant. I don’t think he’s better than Martin but he’s certainly raised the question in my mind. He certainly works harder, has a better attitude and is more physical. 

Bielik has looked less like Vieira this season but has been oh-so totally dominant that he, in a funny way, reminds me even more of him. He doesn’t pick passes or screen like George in his prime, but he’s different. George completely bosses midfields when he was given options. Krissy B is a human octopus, legs flailing everywhere, winning tackles and setting us off, driving us forward. He just pops up and wins the ball. 

I’m crap at judging wingers, I don’t know why, I just don’t get them, but I love Jozwiak. He can link the play, he can turn in tight situations as well as Hughesy could, can have drive us forward, he can skin a man and he has two feet. I think he’s proper class. 

I’m not even sure if this game will go ahead but, well, somebody’s gotta start the thread. I know @David couldn’t stand the sight in the designated Black Pudding thread but in case you missed it, here’s a treat I enjoyed when I went Rangers away the other year. 

97A10A53-F561-4E3F-AB02-509F8AC62AFA.jpeg

You filthy creature, they need flushing not battering.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Mucker1884 said:

Struggling to find a definitive answer, so I could be way off here, but I suspect that... even allowing for the fact we are talking about The EFL here!...  they already have all bases covered, all teams have been informed, and we would have all started the season knowing what will happen.

If, however, they are going to make it up as they go along (was understandable last season... but not this!), and someone... anyone... gets relegated, particularly this early in the season, I can see at least one club taking the EFL to court.

They must have a plan... and the clubs must know what the likely scenarios are... SURELY?

There is a plan. 

It's either 66% or 75% of games need to be played for the season to end on a PPG basis, otherwise the season is void.

They've not managed to arrange a vote so far, presumably once we go past 66% of the season completed without a vote, 75% becomes the default.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Rev said:

There is a plan. 

It's either 66% or 75% of games need to be played for the season to end on a PPG basis, otherwise the season is void.

They've not managed to arrange a vote so far, presumably once we go past 66% of the season completed without a vote, 75% becomes the default.

I knew it!

I knew The EFL would have plan!   😁👍

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Mucker1884 said:

I knew it!

I knew The EFL would have plan!   😁👍

Steady on, plans can change. 

That was the plan when the season set off, in both PL and EFL. 

Seeing as we've got this far into a season without a decision made on which threshold is applicable, god knows what the outcome will be.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Rev said:

Steady on, plans can change. 

That was the plan when the season set off, in both PL and EFL. 

Seeing as we've got this far into a season without a decision made on which threshold is applicable, god knows what the outcome will be.

Well, at least IF that was what was mooted, and the clubs were informed accordingly, (prior to the season starting), at least we know that we have until the 66% mark to get out of the bottom three (Real, or ppg).  End the season before game 30, and all bets are off it seems.  Season and standings cancelled.  

Let's hope that is indeed the case.
 

To be fair, if we are still in the bottom 3 by that stage, it could be argued we have no one to blame but ourselves, if we are then "relegated on a technicality"!

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/01/2021 at 10:03, Spanish said:

This was my concern and why I thought we should have forfeited the 2 comps have different rules but we are Derby county after all and we don’t tend to get much luck these days

The U23s didn't use the training ground so it shouldn't be a concern that some of them tested positive

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

The U23s didn't use the training ground so it shouldn't be a concern that some of them tested positive

I think you missed my point.  the concern I have is the remote possibility that the EFL will demand we do not postpone games if we can field a youth side time like we did in the cup

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Spanish said:

I think you missed my point.  the concern I have is the remote possibility that the EFL will demand we do not postpone games if we can field a youth side time like we did in the cup

Surely it'll be based on the availability of registered players being above a specified number - those 21 and over?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.