Derby County vs Rotherham (in theory)

cannable

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 14/01/2021 at 11:02, JustOneBiblicalKazim said:

Think we could see a lot of under 23’s in this fixture

In age or just from our U23s? Cant see why we would use a lot of the U23s when we have so many first teamers training. They will no doubt have had work to do to keep fit during isolation

22 hours ago, ziggyram59 said:

Really past caring to be honest, nearly 50 years a supporter and this is the low of the low. 

Good point!

I was wondering how many who started supporting DCFC in the glory years under Clough and Taylor and are still (like me) lifelong supporters would make the same decision today given the club's current problems.

Back then it was a 'no brainer' now you'd need just that....no brains

11 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

In age or just from our U23s? Cant see why we would use a lot of the U23s when we have so many first teamers training. They will no doubt have had work to do to keep fit during isolation

Age? 11 of the 20 being 23 or under

Marshall
Byrne   Wisdom   Evans   Buchanan
Knight   Bielik   Shinnie
Jozwiak   Kazim   Sibley

Bench: Roos, McDonald, Forsyth, Bird, Watson, Whittaker, Gordon, Waghorn, Trialist

17 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Marshall
Jozwiak   Kazim   Sibley

Bench: Roos, McDonald, Forsyth, Bird, Watson, Whittaker, Gordon, Waghorn, Trialist

Do we know that Clarke is unavailable or is that just assumed because of his absence from the training video?

1 hour ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Marshall
Jozwiak   Kazim   Sibley

If Clarke is missing i'm not sure if he will go Evans or Forsyth, purely becuase Forsyth is left footed.

Also, I think Waghorn will start on the right, Jozwiak on the left, Sibley benched. He was pretty poor vs Sheff W. 

I also think JML will be on the bench ahead of Gordon, if he is due to move I cant see us risking him, similar for Holmes & MTW.

Assuming Clarke's available:

Marshall
Byrne, Wisdom, Clarke, Buchanan
Knight, Bielik, Shinnie
Gordon, Kazim, Jozwiak

The quicker the wingers/full backs, the better. Rotherham set up with wing backs... so having 2 players for them to deal with down each side could result in us getting some success there. Starting Gordon... I know it'd be a risk etc. but if he is being 'made available' a good game could see his market value go up. COYR! ? 

Feels like the football world will be watching this one being Rooney’s first game having been appointed permanent manager.

It would be such a Derby County thing to go and lose now to Rotherham. Hoping the players are up for the game and not expecting Rotherham to roll over and give Rooney the perfect start. 

We would win the game on paper, but this will not be an easy game on the pitch. 

Expecting it to be a real scrappy game, luckily with 2 Polish lads in the team this weather will be a heat wave for them so that’s a bonus. 

Oh, can we let them play Jozefzoon please? 

23 hours ago, Brammie Steve said:

Good point!

I was wondering how many who started supporting DCFC in the glory years under Clough and Taylor and are still (like me) lifelong supporters would make the same decision today given the club's current problems.

Back then it was a 'no brainer' now you'd need just that....no brains

Supporting the the club out of loyalty, pride of its achievements and heritage irrespective of the shambles it currently appears to be in. DCFC is apart of my Dna,and I couldn't support any other club whole heartedly .Funny because any other brand ie ,car manufacturer for example if started diminishing as DCFC have ,you would more than likely swap allegiance.

Archived