Your best Christmas presents as a kid

jono

Before subbuteo, I got one of those football games where you pressed the head of the player to make him kick the ball, might have been called striker? Also received a game called Logacta, which involved shaking several dice to determine the result of a match, eventually your team would complete a season and you would write it all down in a book full of charts. I played it for hours and tended to fiddle it so Derby would end up as European champions. Much better than this Football Manager mullarky!

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Wistaston Ram said:

Before subbuteo, I got one of those football games where you pressed the head of the player to make him kick the ball, might have been called striker? Also received a game called Logacta, which involved shaking several dice to determine the result of a match, eventually your team would complete a season and you would write it all down in a book full of charts. I played it for hours and tended to fiddle it so Derby would end up as European champions. Much better than this Football Manager mullarky!

It was called Striker, I spent hours trying to recreate the Charlie George goal vs Real Madrid (not the away leg one, I'm not insane).

Has a similar game to your Logacta called Wembley. My version was from the 1960s and Leeds were in the second division, which suited me fine. Same logic applied, dice got rerolled if Derby didn't win (tbf, I'm not even sure if Derby were in it - I think I just substituted another team for them). Costs £60 online now if you want to try it. 

https://www.vintagetoysgames.co.uk/product/wembley-board-game-ariel-1960s

3 minutes ago, BaaLocks said:

It was called Striker, I spent hours trying to recreate the Charlie George goal vs Real Madrid (not the away leg one, I'm not insane).

Has a similar game to your Logacta called Wembley. My version was from the 1960s and Leeds were in the second division, which suited me fine. Same logic applied, dice got rerolled if Derby didn't win (tbf, I'm not even sure if Derby were in it - I think I just substituted another team for them). Costs £60 online now if you want to try it. 

https://www.vintagetoysgames.co.uk/product/wembley-board-game-ariel-1960s

Talking of rolling dice .. how much time did anyone spend alone or with mates playing Owzat on rainy days. We’d end up with made up team members Frankenstein and Dracula whatever, 9 year old sniggers - Superman LBW for 0 

Archived