Derby close training ground (COVID outbreak)

Heisenberg

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interesting that Pearce also said we have re-laid the pitch at Pride Park during this fortnight's down time, so the youngsters have been training at a school, and will be training at St George's Park for the last couple of days before the match.

Training grounds up and down the country are falling like nine-pins. When is football going to realise that continuing to play is ridiculous - and in the EFL, without a proper testing regime, downright dangerous?

I think we are close to a suspension again; in fact I'd be surprised if we see another two weeks of action below Premier League level.

7 minutes ago, StarterForTen said:

Training grounds up and down the country are falling like nine-pins. When is football going to realise that continuing to play is ridiculous - and in the EFL, without a proper testing regime, downright dangerous?

I think we are close to a suspension again; in fact I'd be surprised if we see another two weeks of action below Premier League level.

The EFL have moved back to twice weekly testing, paid for by the PFA.

12 minutes ago, StarterForTen said:

While we all know that the Governments handling of the pandemic has been shambolic, the treatment of professional football, in particular, is insane. It's a contact sport, people are going to pass the virus to each other and then their families etc etc. Meanwhile I can't play golf, on my own or with my other half, utter madness.

It's probably unpopular to say so but it should have been stopped weeks ago, let's get through to the summer and see where we're at.

So we've got Shrewsbury's players all isolating after tests this week and now Aston Villa's, has there been an increased level of testing after Xmas or is it basically that football players have just been flaunting the lockdown rules over Xmas and the New Year.

Or neither ?

27 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

So we've got Shrewsbury's players all isolating after tests this week and now Aston Villa's, has there been an increased level of testing after Xmas or is it basically that football players have just been flaunting the lockdown rules over Xmas and the New Year.

Or neither ?

Or both ?

19 minutes ago, Gaspode said:

Will they be forced to?

Just had a mosey on Google and there's a Birmingham Live report saying Smith & Villa are drawing up plans to field a team of U23s who have been training separately from the 1st team.  

Middlesbrough and Sheffield Wednesday's preparations for Saturday's FA Cup third-round ties have been affected by positive Covid-19 cases within first-team players and staff.

Boro are scheduled to visit Championship rivals Brentford, while the Owls are away at League Two side Exeter City.

Both clubs have had to close their training grounds.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55574276

Archived