Derby close training ground (COVID outbreak)

24 minutes ago, LeedsRam1999 said:

First things first, I hope they are all well and recover in good time. I am the eternal optimist and maybe see this as a good thing. Players who’ve just played 8 games in a month get a rest for a week. Then we have a busy two months playing a lot of the teams in and around us. Will it help us by not having to play a game?

git the same view on the initial news, the rest in a cup week is not the worst time.  I will change my mind if they develop long covid

3 hours ago, David said:

He is a Forest fan. Bit of detective work this morning found him to be part of the Samba Sow appreciation club on Twitter.

Fair play to him though, joined under the negative cloud so his posts never overly stood out. Just over 2 months he survived.

I will get better. Apologies.

Which eagle eyed mod spotted him and thought he was WUMming? That guy (or gal) deserves a pay rise.

18 minutes ago, BucksRam said:

A friend of mine has this, over 8 months since she had covid. No energy, easily fatigued, shortness of breath. Not pleasant. 

I would never want to be-little this as it is clearly not good.

But I have 2 upstairs with the same symptoms and to my knowledge they haven't had it. Just millennials.

5 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

I doubt any on this forum will know that. In fact, I suspect the incompetent EFL haven’t thought about yet. If I’m being generous - maybe they have but have chosen not to publicise their plan. In my view, they should have such a plan and should have shared it with the clubs so that they are not seen to be making it up as they go along (as if they would) or to be appearing to unfairly treat clubs that are in the bottom three at the time they make such a decision. Having a late vote seems a little pointless as you know some clubs, understandably, will vote for what is the best for them rather than what they believe is the best thing for football and the players as a whole. An early vote (perhaps before the season even started) should have eliminated any such self interest.

For me, I’d say something like a minimum of 2/3 or 3/4 of the season needs to have been played. Any less than that and most clubs could probably argue that they were denied a reasonable opportunity to get out of the relegation zone/challenge for the top two/break into the play offs.

Writing off promotion and relegation this season is a slight possibility but finishing this season two months late is slightly more likely. In short, get out and stay out of the bottom three to avoid disappointment. Having not beaten, Wycombe, Coventry or The Wendies has kept us in the mire.

42 minutes ago, ColonelBlimp said:

You got a nice list of walks? My missus insists we do healthy walks but getting bored of the same stuff. 

Don't know a massive amount about the area as not a local so would be good to wander elsewhere.

It's difficult to explain in detail, without maps etc, as they're all mainly out in the fields, so no way of going into detail on here.
Yes, they're all Public right of way etc, but not proper defined pathways like Tissington Trail and such like.
They can get a bit muddy at times, particularly at this time of year, so decent boots are a must (We also use trekking poles sometimes, when there's steep hills to contend with.  Helps us, as we're both late 50's, with less than perfect knees!)

Just for reference, we are far from pro's, but enjoy a bit more than a stroll on flat defined paths.  Have been Hiking now for about 4/5 years (and leisurely cycling for about 8 years, but only when the weather suits!).  They both compliment our passion... camping, which we started in 2012).

We did try Snowdon in March 2017... but only got half way before the snow showed us who was in charge!  Ha ha!

ACtC-3eonBZWnDRGNeSOlMnOyLlI_IgcE5OA9u-M

Anyway... Local...

It's nice to walk from Cromford to Matlock Bath, all up high, in amongst the tree's, looking down at the main A6 road, but never venturing down there (Where the crowds are!)  Can be steep and muddy in places in winter, as not a lot of sun breaks through the tree's, of course.  A circular route takes you left, away from the A6/Matlock Bath, and ultimately back down into Cromford.

Another favourite starts off in Dale Abbey Village (Mid way between Derby/Spondon & Ilkeston), and takes in Locko Park (Can be a bit busier on the main park section obviously, as families tend to stroll around on that bit, but it's fairly easy to keep your distance, even in the decent summer weather).

A third favourite is, in theory, from Mundy Park car park, without needing to enter the park itself.  It's a circular route, so we tend to park up and start in Mackworth Village (Also avoids pay & display parking charges at the park!)

Muckerette tends to find them, and I just follow!  Pretty certain they've all come from the Derbyshire AA Book, which mainly covers the Peak District (Which of course is fantastic in it's own right, but can get popular!), but we got these little gems from it, which have been a Godsend this year, keen to avoid the Peak District Hot-spots, and stay a little closer to home!

All about 3 to 8 miles or so (We tend to average around 6 ish?)

We found this book so handy, we even bought the Dorset version, when we holidayed down there for our staycation in September.

Not perfect, but just about detailed enough that, with a little common sense, you should just about keep to the route, and avoid calling out the helicopters!

One final tip... Just photograph the relevant pages for the walk, on your mobile.  Seems silly to carry a full book around with you... plus it looks like you have a fancy navigating app on your phone!  🤣

I think it's this one we have (Or maybe a slightly older version?)  Just get the latest version you can find?  (Expect to pay £10-£15, but well worth it, we've found)

50-walks-peak-district.jpg?h=560&w=299&l

Sorry to go off topic... but not sorry!  😲

6 hours ago, David said:

Fair play to him though, joined under the negative cloud so his posts never overly stood out.

is there just one enormous negative cloud that endlessly stretches beyond the horizon? Or are there lots of smaller ones at varying altitudes that unfortunately overlap? Not that it really matters but either way, not that impressed by his timing  

What annoys me about footballers, and others, getting it is this:

I go into people’s houses every day, some of these people hove Covid. Sometimes we don’t know if they have Covid or not, but that’s why I’m there, to test them. 

I have friends who are nurses, working in the hospital every day, some with known Covid patients. In fact I was just working in the hospital today. 

Medical workers put themselves in harms way all the time, but relatively few get it, thanks to a few fairly simple and sensible precautions. Yet people who have no need to put themselves in harms way somehow get it.

the analogy I thought for this is it’s like soldiers going off to war. Some get shot, but most come back safe. They’re putting themselves in harms way to fight the good fight, but they’re doing everything properly and doing it as safely as possible. Meanwhile people are back home mucking about with guns and shooting each other by accident. It’s enough to make the soldiers wonder ‘what’s the point?!’

7 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

What annoys me about footballers, and others, getting it is this:

I go into people’s houses every day, some of these people hove Covid. Sometimes we don’t know if they have Covid or not, but that’s why I’m there, to test them. 

I have friends who are nurses, working in the hospital every day, some with known Covid patients. In fact I was just working in the hospital today. 

Medical workers put themselves in harms way all the time, but relatively few get it, thanks to a few fairly simple and sensible precautions. Yet people who have no need to put themselves in harms way somehow get it.

the analogy I thought for this is it’s like soldiers going off to war. Some get shot, but most come back safe. They’re putting themselves in harms way to fight the good fight, but they’re doing everything properly and doing it as safely as possible. Meanwhile people are back home mucking about with guns and shooting each other by accident. It’s enough to make the soldiers wonder ‘what’s the point?!’

Good post except for your final sentence.

Surely the soldier will know the point is their own survival?

4 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Good post except for your final sentence.

Surely the soldier will know the point is their own survival?

Actually, I’ve just sat on the toilet and thought more about my analogy. 

soldiers go off to France to fight nazis. I’m simple terms, kill enough nazis, they get to come home. In my analogy, they come home and find half the pollution of Britain have accidentally shot the other half. Stupid, but doesn’t necessarily effect their effort. 

but what’s actually happening is that health care workers are fighting the virus, in simple terms, if they cure enough people, they get to come home. But when they come home they find that half the population has infected the other half. So unlike the soldier analogy, the people at home, who should be keeping their heads down, but instead are mucking about shooting each other, have just added to their workload. They think they’ve won the war only to find the enemies numbers getting bigger and bigger. 

then you’d have to wonder ‘what’s the point!’

8 hours ago, Mucker1884 said:

But nowhere in @ram1964's post does anyone go to jail!  Literally... not one!   

Was just a saying.....better to have just said that the footballers found breaching the lockdown rules are the tip of the iceberg as a significant proportion of the populous are doing this too. But they're not dumb enough to post themselves on their Insta account with their friends and private chef on Xmas Day all round their house. 

6 hours ago, BathRam72 said:

I would never want to be-little this as it is clearly not good.

But I have 2 upstairs with the same symptoms and to my knowledge they haven't had it. Just millennials.

Well yeah, I too feel it but I'm just getting old and lazy.   Sadly she definitely has had it, works for the NHS and is a mother of 3. 

First and foremost I hope everyone affected is okay, both short and long-term.

I can't help but think a premature end to the season in some form is now inevitable. Too many fixtures have/will be postponed for there to be enough time to play them all.

9 hours ago, ITSD said:

First and foremost I hope everyone affected is okay, both short and long-term.

I can't help but think a premature end to the season in some form is now inevitable. Too many fixtures have/will be postponed for there to be enough time to play them all.

And we’ve got to squeeze in a Euros at some point too. 

Got to say - it's frustratingly annoying how good Derby have been at keeping all this under wraps.

No twitter stories, no instagram posts (apart from Ibe - what a surprise there) from players. 

We have no idea who has it and who is just isolating. From 20/25 players plus 10/20 off fielder coaches etc, not a single rumour I've seen with any credibility.

Fair play Derby but bloody annoying LOL.

I do genuinely hope everyone is doing OK.