Derby close training ground (COVID outbreak)

Heisenberg

1 minute ago, Sparkle said:

Not necessarily - if we have 14 players fit I believe we have to play 

I suspect Chorley haven’t been tested and are not on a very frequent basis 

Will that happen though, Derby could just say they don’t have that, and they may not

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Topram said:

Will that happen though, Derby could just say they don’t have that, and they may not

I suspect you have to submit all the test results to the competition organiser and they tell you if you can play or not  - financial wise it could be a big hit for both teams from a possible loss of TV money 

personally I think there shouldn’t be a large amount of groups of about 30 people traveling up and down the country every 3 or 4 days as they are clearly moving the virus around the country 

Am I right in thinking you need to self-isolate for 10 days from when you were last in contact with the person who tested positive for coronavirus?

As DCFC state "several first-team staff members and players have tested positive", would that even leave 14 players available/not needing to isolate? 

24 minutes ago, td_evans said:

The possibility of the Championship being decided on PPG is now very real. Need to pick up points fast.

Good luck to Chorley in the 4th round of the cup, too?

Completing the season seems to get less likely week by week but I still feel confident (not based on any knowledge) that quite a few more games need to be completed before it would decided on PPG rather than the season being declared null and void. That's my theory anyway. There is just too much of the season remaining. 

9 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Not necessarily - if we have 14 players fit I believe we have to play 

I suspect Chorley haven’t been tested and are not on a very frequent basis 

so Chorley could have players that are positive but we'll probably never no and because of our frequent testing we have to forfit the game. 

2 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

Am I right in thinking you need to self-isolate for 10 days from when you were last in contact with the person who tested positive for coronavirus?

As DCFC state "several first-team staff members and players have tested positive", would that even leave 14 players available/not needing to isolate? 

Who knows - time will tell 

4 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

I suspect you have to submit all the test results to the competition organiser and they tell you if you can play or not  - financial wise it could be a big hit for both teams from a possible loss of TV money 

personally I think there shouldn’t be a large amount of groups of about 30 people traveling up and down the country every 3 or 4 days as they are clearly moving the virus around the country 

Very true, worse having to go to Chorley aswell with most of there players having other jobs etc, they will have to see many more people than our players 

2 minutes ago, Mick Brolly said:

so Chorley could have players that are positive but we'll probably never no and because of our frequent testing we have to forfit the game. 

No.

All sides in the 3rd round are being tested, at the FA's expense.

We've not been having frequent testing either, this was one of the few weeks when the EFL mandate squad wide testing.

Just now, richinspain said:

Because no other club in whole wide world has contracted this highly contagious virus?

It’s a head scratcher.

Sheff Wed, West Ham, Man City, Sunderland, Fulham, Bristol City, Portsmouth, Millwall and Ipswich all off the top of my head had to close their training grounds recently, but Derby are a joke of a club apparently. 

Archived