Derby close training ground (COVID outbreak)

Well things just get better and better don’t they? Sounds like our players probably caught it from the Sheffield Wednesday squad - could the impact of that match get any worse? That will mean the FA cup match is postponed, and next midweek is ruled out as a potential slot to play the previously postponed Rotherham game. We really didn’t need our fixture schedule to get any more congested when we’re already in such a mess.

Unfortunately this is quite likely yet another effect of the lack of testing in the EFL. It’s a total shambles, and I’m sure the season will end up suspended soon as a result. Just hope to goodness that all those affected make a full and speedy recovery.

4 minutes ago, Joe said:

Derby therefore will have to forfeit cup game

I had a scan of the FA cup covid rules, seems there is the option to postpone but only within a specified window, not sure when that is, if unable to do that then it is forfeited

13 minutes ago, Topram said:

So no game on Saturday then little time to prepare vs Rotherham week after, could be playing catch up on other weeks due to already being behind, going to be a strange few months

Not necessarily - if we have 14 players fit I believe we have to play 

5 minutes ago, Joe said:

Derby therefore will have to forfeit cup game

I suspect Chorley haven’t been tested and are not on a very frequent basis