On 15/01/2021 at 18:32, Jram said:

In fairness, who knows what peak value is? They might not get much better and their youth means they’re sold for more now than five years time 

Will Hughes was class at 17 but did he get as much better as many of us expected? 

EFL show highlighted him last night for Watford. He looked back to his best from the clips - outstanding.

On 15/01/2021 at 18:32, Jram said:

In fairness, who knows what peak value is? They might not get much better and their youth means they’re sold for more now than five years time 

Will Hughes was class at 17 but did he get as much better as many of us expected? 

Hughes was always an aesthetically superb footballer, but the pitfalls in his early career have followed him in that he doesn't really impact the scoreboard enough. He's essentially a link-up midfielder who plays between an attacking midfielder and a defensive midfielder. I remember saying during his last two seasons here that he would be best served playing as a DM, because he would never add the goals to his game that's required. He's become a bit of a luxury player, who is struggling to get into a Championship side at the moment.

11 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

Hughes was always an aesthetically superb footballer, but the pitfalls in his early career have followed him in that he doesn't really impact the scoreboard enough. He's essentially a link-up midfielder who plays between an attacking midfielder and a defensive midfielder. I remember saying during his last two seasons here that he would be best served playing as a DM, because he would never add the goals to his game that's required. He's become a bit of a luxury player, who is struggling to get into a Championship side at the moment.

Struggled with injuries this season.

9 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

To be fair to him, he's massively struggled with injuries/fitness this season, so that's why he's hardly featured.

He played the full 90 minutes in their win against Barnsley on Tuesday, and impressed by all accounts.

51 minutes ago, Heisenberg said:

To be fair to him, he's massively struggled with injuries/fitness this season, so that's why he's hardly featured.

He played the full 90 minutes in their win against Barnsley on Tuesday, and impressed by all accounts.

Looks good to be fair. I knew he was injured before the season, but thought he had just lost his place. 

All the best to him. I hope he keeps it up - he's got more room to grow playing the defensive side of the game more, definitely.  

4 minutes ago, Addingham Ram said:

I keep seeing activity only on this thread, and getting worried that we are selling probably our best young asset.

Thank goodness all I find is more talk about Will Hughes. Not really sure what this has to do with Jason Knight though!

Hmm the previous 8 posts are all about Will Hughes. In a Jason Knight thread. Perhaps we should have just one thread called Derby County Miscellaneous 🤨

1 hour ago, Turk Thrust said:

Hmm the previous 8 posts are all about Will Hughes. In a Jason Knight thread. Perhaps we should have just one thread called Derby County Miscellaneous 🤨

He was compared to Will Hughes earlier in the thread, and how small amount Will went for when some on here are quoting £15 million.

what did your post have to do with Jason Knight anyrode?

50 minutes ago, Boycie said:

He was compared to Will Hughes earlier in the thread, and how small amount Will went for when some on here are quoting £15 million.

what did your post have to do with Jason Knight anyrode?

Well, a post compared the two and all the following posts talked only about Will Hughes which was the point of my post. And “anyrode”? Try “anyroad”

29 minutes ago, Turk Thrust said:

Well, a post compared the two and all the following posts talked only about Will Hughes which was the point of my post. And “anyrode”? Try “anyroad”

Off topic

5 hours ago, Boycie said:

Darren Bent saying that Will has added tracking back and tracking to his game since he’s been at Watford?

He’s always tackled and tracked back! Bent played with him enough times, it’s goals he needs to add to his game, match analyst my arse.

Hughes was always great with his defensive work, always a lot stronger than people gave him credit for.