v Chorley (A) FA Cup Match Thread

David

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 hours ago, Lancashire lad said:

The tents are up and industrial heaters up blasting from tomorrow a earlier than planned.  There doesn't seem to be any thoughts from the club that the match will be off due to pitch issues

looks like we could play our youngsters (U18/23) which could suit both teams for different reasons. Chorley would have a better chance and we will see how our youngsters are coming on. 

1 hour ago, SamUltraRam said:

The irony is, if it's postponed & replayed midweek sometime, we'll probably end up playing our u23s anyway

If we have to play it this weekend we'd be looking at the U23/18 squads. Not even those who are part of those squad but have been regularly training with the first team, such as: Foster, Idem, McDonald, JBrown, Watson, Gordon, Trialist, Stretton and Duncan.

In fact, our strongest team would probably be: Sykes-Kenworthy, Ebosele, Solomon, Wassall, Archie, Dixon, LThompson, Hutchinson, JML, Cresswell, Wilson.

However, if postponed we'd be playing fringe players and those lacking match fitness. Roos, Foster, Idem, te Wierik, Evans, Bird, Holmes, Ibe, Whittaker, Marriott, Waghorn, McDonald, JBrown, Watson, Trialist, Stretton, and Duncan all become strong possibilities.

Another big factor is the lack of match fitness for the U23s/U18s. The U23s last played on the 21st of December and the U18s on the 19th.

Pinched from Sky Sports News.

No unilateral decision has been taken about whether postponing and re-arranging FA Cup matches is possible, with all teams taking part in this weekend's FA Cup games having to be tested for coronavirus 72 hours before the fixture.

However, should a number of Derby's players test negative in their Covid-19 tests later this week, that would mean those players were no longer expected to self-isolate, and would instead be available to play.

It, therefore, remains unclear whether the availability of U23 and U18 players means a club can technically fulfil a fixture - any club which feels it cannot do so must apply to the FA for a review.

........I’m sure I’ve seen some of those negative test certificate thingys for a fiver on t’interweb!

5 hours ago, ziggyram59 said:

Looks like the tie is going to be postponed according to Skysports news. Just about sums up our season. 

Not sure what your preference would be then as it doesn't sound like the game being postponed would be your preferred option?

Can't really agree on your comment about summing up our season as there have been Premiership clubs who have had their games postponed already ?

What's the word from Derby end , is the feeling that you'll put out a team for the match?The thought of the Club (CFC) not playing one of there biggest games in there history on national tele would be hard to take.

Saying that, hope the well-being of all staff and players affected is ok and on the mend

Doubt we'd want fixture pile up so can see us soldiering on with under 23s, although a fair few will be absent due to first team involvement.

Probably too young/inexperienced a side to be overly competitive, but you never know. 

Not sure on injuries but taking players I'm assuming trained with the first team out (which could also include Stretton), and using the most experienced players we have, we end up with something like

Ravas

McDonald Solomon Wassall A Brown

Thompson Bateman J Brown 

Ibe Stretton Hutchinson

Bench from Minkley, Bardell, Dixon, Olamide, Aghatise, Wilson, Cresswell, Duncan and Shonibare, random GK and maybe Cybulski because he's 9 foot tall. 

7+ debuts to be made. Would be nice to have a couple of new players and maybe a few of the walking wounded back, but whatever we put out I bet they give a damn site more than we showed against Barrow. 

14 minutes ago, Rample said:

Doubt we'd want fixture pile up so can see us soldiering on with under 23s, although a fair few will be absent due to first team involvement.

Probably too young/inexperienced a side to be overly competitive, but you never know. 

Not sure on injuries but taking players I'm assuming trained with the first team out (which could also include Stretton), and using the most experienced players we have, we end up with something like

Ravas

Thompson Bateman J Brown 

Ibe Stretton Hutchinson

Bench from Minkley, Bardell, Dixon, Olamide, Aghatise, Wilson, Cresswell, Duncan and Shonibare, random GK and maybe Cybulski because he's 9 foot tall. 

7+ debuts to be made. Would be nice to have a couple of new players and maybe a few of the walking wounded back, but whatever we put out I bet they give a damn site more than we showed against Barrow. 

At least if you get the kids rounded up for the trip up the M6 both teams can welcome a very handy 75,000 quid before a balls kicked

5 minutes ago, Lancashire lad said:

At least if you get the kids rounded up for the trip up the M6 both teams can welcome a very handy 75,000 quid before a balls kicked

Why are we discussing risking the health of the young lads for 75k

Ridiculous, call it off or forfeit the game. Not fair on chorley lads who are just normal working guys trying to earn a crust as well

14 minutes ago, bimmerman said:

Why are we discussing risking the health of the young lads for 75k

Ridiculous, call it off or forfeit the game. Not fair on chorley lads who are just normal working guys trying to earn a crust as well

I wasnt discussing risking the health of any footballer, every player on the pitch Saturday will have tested negative for covid.  Be a good chance for your under 23s to showcase there talents and 75% of Chorley FC players were released in the summer from league clubs like Stoke ,Port Vale, Mansfield and Grimsby so the will be chomping at the bit to impress and get back to full time football

1 hour ago, Rample said:

Ravas

Thompson Bateman J Brown 

Ibe Stretton Hutchinson

Ravas is out on loan.

McDonald, JBrown, Ibe amd Duncan will have likely been part of first team training.

I belive Stretton, Shonibare and Minkley have been injured? If Stretton isnt injured, he'll have been in first team training anyway. Ebosele hasn't played since picking up his serious injury although has been back in training.

The very real reality is that we could be fielding our 8th choice GK*, 5th RB, 4th LB*, 8th, 9th and 10th CMs, 7 and 8th wingers*, and 7th CF. 

*including players out on loan.

Archived