v Chorley (A) FA Cup Match Thread

David

My main feeling after that really is just disappointment - not disappointment in our performance or being knocked out, but disappointment for our players, if we could have just scored a goal, made Chorley sweat a bit, had more opportunity to show their talents.

The boost someone would have got from scoring their first senior goal would have been brilliant to see, but it wasn't to be.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

In a scenario where big chunks of the first team are unavailable, fixtures are all over the place and we are in a relegation scrap in the league then yeah, we don't need the FA Cup. 

Big chunks of players out aside, so this game is an exception. I would think ANY revenue stream would be welcome to the club, not much else coming in. Relegation?? So playing an FA Cup game has a relevance.. Oh I see, we play too many games. Like I said, whatever the scenario.

1 minute ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

Yeah, well done Chorley. Hope our lads don't get too down about it - I'm sure they would have wanted to win but no matter in the grand scheme of things. It'll all be forgotten soon enough, despite the BBC now wheeling out the hyperbole........ ?

Mark Lawrenson tried pointing out it wasn't a shock but Dan Walker couldn't understand it.

5 minutes ago, OohMartWright said:

After over fifty years of supporting Derby I’ve learned that we have to take the rough with the smooth. That we have had to play this game with kids is unfortunate but no blame can be attached to Chorley. They have won the game fair and square and I, for one, would like to wish them well in the next round.

Our youngsters will have gained some valuable experience and we move on to the next game.

”Get well soon” to all those with COVID and let’s hope we can beat Rotherham.

Let's hope we can play Rotherham.

Archived