v Chorley (A) FA Cup Match Thread

David

4 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

It was a simple question about any previous appearances as I haven’t seen him play at all unlike some of the others 

I wasn’t having a pop at you!! Just used your post to add my tongue-in-cheek point. Apologies 

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, tombomb said:

Was expecting better from our academy. I dont mind loosing the physical side of it, that was to be expected. The players couldnt string two passes together in 90 minutes of football and to me that is quite worrying, there was no composure at all, these players arnt 15. They are professionally paid academy products that are supposedly a year from pushing into the first team. Im sorry, I didnt see one moment of quality from anyone on that pitch in 90 minutes. I know its only one game but they are playing against PE teachers. Worrying in my opinion. 

Most of these lads are still 6 months away from making the step up to the U23s

1 minute ago, angieram said:

Some of you need to get a grip. Throwing a wobbly because we are losing to Chorley with 38 players better than these unavailable.

Nearly every one of Chorley's players has FL experience, one of ours has.

There has been one or two over the top posts, but ones that are just saying that Chorley have outclassed us are just calling it as it is.

6 minutes ago, BathRam72 said:

0 shots on target no shots at all pretty much sums up the problem. Duncan flatters to deceive. But let's remember this is a make shift youth team. 

Doesn’t your final sentence pretty much negate the rest of your post?

It was indeed a botched together youth team playing against an experienced, albeit non league, team.

2 minutes ago, dcfcreece1601 said:

Not many positives from that game sadly dont really think anyone played well enough , 0 shots all game against a poor chorley team that lost 4-0 last week to a team 4/5 leagues below isn't good enough, maybe a harsh kick up the back side that they needed to kick on 

I can recall at least 2 shots

After over fifty years of supporting Derby I’ve learned that we have to take the rough with the smooth. That we have had to play this game with kids is unfortunate but no blame can be attached to Chorley. They have won the game fair and square and I, for one, would like to wish them well in the next round.

Our youngsters will have gained some valuable experience and we move on to the next game.

”Get well soon” to all those with COVID and let’s hope we can beat Rotherham.

Archived