v Chorley (A) FA Cup Match Thread

David

1 minute ago, Tamworthram said:

Why not? 

It’s extremely low risk for the player. Probably the worst that could happen is that get badly beaten and it affects their confidence.

We don't need any more shitty records attached to the club . We have enough.  The history books won't say we have a team of youngsters.  It doesn't say our goalie had a broken arm in a 6-0 final defeat.  Awful decision not to forfeit the game.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

We don't need any more shitty records attached to the club . We have enough.  The history books won't say we have a team of youngsters.  It doesn't say our goalie had a broken arm in a 6-0 final defeat.  Awful decision not to forfeit the game.

It wasn't our decision to make. 

Within the rules the FA set out we had enough players to put a team out so we had to play it. Simple as that. 

1 minute ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Calm down.

Much better this half but as with our first team we never really looked like scoring at all which is hardly a surprise given our unavoidable untried line up.

Some of the kids have been quite promising which is an upside but overall,following Derby is getting to be a quite depressing experience both on and off the field isn't it.

Was expecting better from our academy. I dont mind loosing the physical side of it, that was to be expected. The players couldnt string two passes together in 90 minutes of football and to me that is quite worrying, there was no composure at all, these players arnt 15. They are professionally paid academy products that are supposedly a year from pushing into the first team. Im sorry, I didnt see one moment of quality from anyone on that pitch in 90 minutes. I know its only one game but they are playing against PE teachers. Worrying in my opinion. 

Just now, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Much better this half but as with our first team we never really looked like scoring at all.

Following Derby is getting to be a quite depressing experience both on and off the field isn't it.

No

3 minutes ago, sage said:

This Adam Virgo must be the worst commentator I've ever heard and we have to put up with Ed Dawes.

How can them going 2 up 'turn the tie on its head'?

Not sure how Cardwell manages to run about so much with Virgo’s head stuck so far up his backside.....

Archived