v Chorley (A) FA Cup Match Thread

David

2 minutes ago, Xlor said:

Non league football is exactly like that. I watched these v Alfreton town in an absolutely awful 1-1, Alfreton being robbed by the worst penalty decision you'll ever see. This is embarrassing! All we've heard for the last few seasons is youth this, youth that and what for? May as well of saved millions and just paid the alfreton players £400 to turn out. If these are the best kids we've got then fold the academy because I could rustle up 11 that could manage to be (luckily too) 1 down at ht. 

image.gif.2be57e2b67ae8b85f25b99b35b06a0cf.gif

Back to Footy manager 

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Xlor said:

Non league football is exactly like that. I watched these v Alfreton town in an absolutely awful 1-1, Alfreton being robbed by the worst penalty decision you'll ever see. This is embarrassing! All we've heard for the last few seasons is youth this, youth that and what for? May as well of saved millions and just paid the alfreton players £400 to turn out. If these are the best kids we've got then fold the academy because I could rustle up 11 that could manage to be (luckily too) 1 down at ht. 

Wumming yet again 

2 minutes ago, Orphanram said:

I’m not sure are if some of the posters who are suggesting the young lads should be doing better fully appreciate the full context of this game. The fact that football is a team game gets overlooked so often by fans. This Chorley team will be playing with same team selection by and large, with a settled formation and weekly training to maximise the effectiveness of their tactical approach. Repetition is a huge part of any team sport and this is a huge advantage. Our team today is unlikely to have ever played in anything close to this selection previously, is missing the most talented players at their level and are also physically less developed, which  collectively across 1 - 11 makes a huge difference. The fact we’re only a goal down and still In it is a good performance so far in my book. 

Exactly some making themselves look really stupid today

It's not been great for us, but in the circumstances, they're only one down and as much as it shows senior Vs youth football it shows team that plays together Vs a mismatch side.

Long as they keep working and don't concede another there's always a chance.

Nothing away from the lads, circumstances throwing them into this, nothing away from Chorley, it's a historic run for them and they're clearly giving their all.

I like FA Cup matches.

6 minutes ago, Xlor said:

No, THIS ⬆️ Is embarrassing. 

3 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

All true but this game will go into the record books like all the others 

Pointed this out last night. We have a couple of crap records in the FA Cup to add to the others.  Could do without anymore, we have enough.  Personally if there was a way to forfeit this game I would have. I don't know what the record is for one team in the football pyramid losing to another in terms of league places, but if we lose today I bet we get the bugger.

1 minute ago, Ghost of Clough said:

How many times does it have to be said? These aren't the 'best kids'. Hutchinson is the only one with a shout of getting into a full fit U23 side.

Im not even including Buchanan, Bird, Knight, Sibley and Whittaker in the 11

This. Your earlier post was spot on too and needs reposting every few pages as a reminder that this is effectively a Derby youngsters 'B' team. The 'A' team would be favourites with Knight, Sibley etc involved.

Archived