v Chorley (A) FA Cup Match Thread

David

19 minutes ago, Big Trav said:

we cant match them physically so why do we keep launching it up again.  need to try play it on the floor

It not necessarily through choice.

When we try to play it on the floor they're on us very quickly, aggressively closing down - are our players actually good enough to play through the press?

Do this collection of players have much experience of playing directly alongside each other? Are there any on-pitch relationships where they know each others game, where they'll be for the pass, which runs they'll make etc.

We're playing with some of our our 2nd, 3rd choice players, even at youth level.

They're up against a very well drilled team who all know each others game inside & out, have very set in place tactics and who are full of confidence having possibly one if the best seasons their cub has ever had.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've read enough Roy of the Rovers comics to know you're always losing at half time, you make one tweak and you're right back in it, and then an injured player scores a world beater late on for the win.

Step forward Festy!!! 

Just now, Edtheram said:

I’m sorry but I’ve played on Saturdays and Sundays in games like this - me being a young lad against physical & experenced teams - were not doing the basics off the ball and were being lazy on it. 

I fear some of these lads will wake up tomorrow with a regret of not leaving everything out on the pitch 

Given the proportion of youth team players that fall by the wayside, most of these players would never have played for Derby.

I guarantee that the majority of players involved today will never play for Derby again.

This is not a Derby team, it's a team to fulfill a fixture.

We're being harsh on these young lads. Chorley aren't a team of part time milkmen and postmen, non-league football is not like that.

They will be lucky if all of our U18s even in their prime play at Chorley's level. Some will. Some will do better. Some will do much much better. But that's football.

Chorley are an experienced and disciplined team of footballers. Cut the kids some slack.

Just now, AndyinLiverpool said:

Given the proportion of youth team players that fall by the wayside, most of these players would never have played for Derby.

I guarantee that the majority of players involved today will never play for Derby again.

They’re not even the first choice youngsters. Our RB has played 8 times for the U18s. Some in the squad, until a week ago, we more concerned about their A-level mocks than their footballing career.

Sith Happens
2 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

Just backed Rams at 14-1 . Manager has to get us to play on the grass.

there is some grass ? ???

1 minute ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

I’m just saying that I’m sure these lads are capable of more.

these lads could win this if they give an extra 20%.

i just don’t want them to let this chance pass them by

3 minutes ago, Rample said:

I've read enough Roy of the Rovers comics to know you're always losing at half time, you make one tweak and you're right back in it, and then an injured player scores a world beater late on for the win.

Step forward Festy!!! 

'Billys Boots' will be found with ten minutes to go.. 

Sith Happens
Just now, Millenniumram said:

Men against boys sadly... exactly as you’d expect! Not really got into the game at all, attack vs defence for most of the half. Nothing to be ashamed of though, you can’t compete with kids.

Alan-Hansen-580x358.jpg.61dec2c65c50dbe0a07ea597baaf930d.jpg

Archived