v Chorley (A) FA Cup Match Thread

2 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

If be tempted to change the shape a bit and get Cybulski on. He's a big lad and we could do with a bit of size on the pitch. 

Cresswell won't play the full game. That'll be when Cybulski comes on and Duncan will have a target man to play off

9 minutes ago, Edtheram said:

I think the club would of done better getting together some Sunday league players from Derby for this game - our lads don’t want to tackle or head the ball

That would have been brilliant! Proper Roy of the rovers stuff. It’s January, so we could have signed up ‘free agent’, 30 year old Dave from the dog and duck, on a one match contract. 

As ever whenever we make a physical challenge it’s a free kick against, but Chorley are muscling through everything and we’ve only had 3 free kicks ourselves. Consequently our boys are holding back from the challenges so it is easy for Chorley.

I remember when I started playing Sunday league when I was 16/17. 

I was alright but the first run of games we're tough and I struggled against the physicality and experience of the older guys after playing for years against lads my own age on an equal footing.

Just running and putting yourself about isn’t always an answer!

Small glimpse of hope there, nicked the ball off the defender trying to shield it but a poor stretch to cross the ball at the end.

Our youngsters can certainly do some damage of they just believe. Chorley are in the 6th league for a reason!

Edited by DerbyRam!
1 minute ago, DavesaRam said:

As ever whenever we make a physical challenge it’s a free kick against, but Chorley are muscling through everything and we’ve only had 3 free kicks ourselves. Consequently our boys are holding back from the challenges so it is easy for Chorley.

Not forgetting when we k in the ball against their defenders and it goal out for a corner, it awarded as a goal kick instead 🤣

I’m sorry but I’ve played on Saturdays and Sundays in games like this - me being a young lad against physical & experenced teams - were not doing the basics off the ball and were being lazy on it. 

I fear some of these lads will wake up tomorrow with a regret of not leaving everything out on the pitch 

Just now, Edtheram said:

I’m sorry but I’ve played on Saturdays and Sundays in games like this - me being a young lad against physical & experenced teams - were not doing the basics off the ball and were being lazy on it. 

I fear some of these lads will wake up tomorrow with a regret of not leaving everything out on the pitch 

No you haven't